Akon, Gabrielle Union offer support to battered RihannaFebruary 17th, 2009 - 6:05 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Feb 17 (ANI): Hip-hop star Akon and Hollywood actress Gabrielle Union have offered support to Rihanna, who was allegedly attacked by Chris Brown, and have urged her to be strong.
The Umbrella hitmaker was left with a split lip, a bloody nose and bite marks on her hands after Brown allegedly attacked her following a heated argument.
However, after much of speculation over the incident, Brown has publicly said that he was saddened by the incident, which left Rihanna needing hospital treatment.
Gabrielle Union, who is a mutual pal of Rihanna and Brown, has asked Rihanna to stay strong, and is hoping the high profile case will make people rally against domestic violence.
“I know them both. Unfortunately, no one knows all the facts yet what I think is great about this unfortunate situation is it can get us talking about violence violence is never the answer. It’’s good to get that dialogue started. I wish this wasn”t the catalyst for that it’’s never good to use violence as a means to an end, Contactmusic quoted Gabrielle as saying.
While Gabrielle has asked Rihanna to stay strong, Akon has asked her not to lose positivism in life.
“Keep doing what you”re doing baby. Keep things positive! She’’s a strong woman. I think she”ll get through it, Akon said.
Meanwhile, other celebrities like Jay-Z and Jessica Alba have also offered support to Rihanna, who has gone into hiding after the incident. (ANI)
- U.S. Representative Gabrielle Giffords Shot In Arizona - Jan 09, 2011
- Chris Brown buys a new mansion for $1.5 million - Nov 23, 2011
- Jay-Z concerned for sick Rihanna - Feb 28, 2011
- Rihanna breaks her toe while vacationing - Jul 25, 2012
- Miranda Lambert not happy with Chris Brown's performance at Grammy Awards - Feb 16, 2012
- Jay-Z approves Brown, Rihanna patch up - Aug 05, 2012
- I'm waiting to get into Bollywood movies: Akon - Apr 15, 2011
- Rihanna regrets staying with Brown after assault - Dec 04, 2010
- Chris Brown completes his domestic violence course - Dec 21, 2010
- Rihanna denies that she provoked Chris Brown - Jun 24, 2011
- U. S. President Barack Obama, Other Politicians Criticize Arizona Shooting - Jan 09, 2011
- Brown joins Rihanna on vacation - Jul 24, 2012
- Rosie O Donnell defends Chris Brown - Apr 05, 2011
- Rihanna Does Not Want To Be Labeled As A Weakling! - Nov 29, 2010
- Kanye West's Weird Questions Left Rihanna Perplexed! - Nov 26, 2010
Tags: akon, bloody nose, catalyst, chris brown, domestic violence, gabrielle union, high profile, hip hop star, hitmaker, hollywood actress, jay z, jessica alba, means to an end, positivism, profile case, rihanna, speculation, split lip, strong woman, unfortunate situation