Ajay tells Anil who’s ‘Tezz’ on F1 trackApril 24th, 2012 - 2:36 am ICT by IANS
Greater Noida, April 24 (IANS) The silence at the Buddh International Circuit (BIC) was broken by a loud screeching sound of roaring Lamborghinis as Bollywood stars Anil Kapoor and Ajay Devgn took over the racing track to show each other who is ‘Tezz’!
The actors, who were here Monday to promote their forthcoming film “Tezz”, took everyone by surprise with their stylish entry.
Both the actors tried their hands on the Italian super sports car and were fascinated by its speed on the 5.14 km-track, which was developed for the country’s inaugural Formula One Grand Prix last year.
“The highest speed at which we drove today was 260 kmph. I’ve never done such an act before in my life,” Anil told reporters here post the casual race, in which Ajay was faster.
“It’s like an addiction! We drove four laps and still wanted to do more. This track is simply amazing and very smooth,” added the 52-year-old.
Looking comfortable in a blue checked shirt and wayfarer shades, Ajay said: “This is the first time that someone from Bollywood has come up with the idea of promoting a movie on a racing track. It’s very exciting yet innovative.”
“Tezz”, releasing Friday, also features Zayed Khan, Boman Irani, Sameera Reddy and Kangna Ranaut. It is directed by the maverick Priyadarshan, whose showbiz career spans close to three decades.
Known for his comedy flicks, the filmmaker says he wanted to try something new. That’s the reason why he thought of directing an action thriller this time.
“It’s a social drama, thriller and is about a chase between cops and criminals. This is the 84th film of my career. I’ve put all my experience in this movie. The movie also has a thin line of emotions, something similar to ‘Deewaar’ and ‘Sholay’,” Priyadarshan, who was also present at the track, said here.
- Good to maintain gap between similar films: Anil - Apr 23, 2012
- Eros to distribute 'Tezz' in India - Apr 14, 2012
- I did 'Tezz' only for Priyan: Mohanlal - Apr 17, 2012
- I've no issues with Sameera Reddy: 'Tezz' producer - Apr 04, 2012
- 'Laila' wasn't for me: Sameera Reddy - Apr 21, 2012
- 'Tezz' makers in tizzy over work permits - Oct 02, 2010
- People are tired of film promotion: Anil Kapoor - Apr 16, 2012
- Sameera is the hero of 'Tezz': Ajay Devgn (With Images) - Apr 15, 2012
- Bollywood for newcomers, says Mohanlal - Apr 19, 2012
- Priyadarshan a wonderful director: Hollywood action expert (With Images) - Apr 18, 2012
- 'Tezz': a slick action film with engaging thrills (IANS Hindi Film Review) - Apr 28, 2012
- Watch 'Tezz' for fast paced action (IANS Preview) - Apr 24, 2012
- Priyadarshan is very demanding: Zayed Khan - Apr 20, 2012
- Sonu Sood plans to turn director (Movie Snippets) - Oct 12, 2010
- Two decades on, Ajay still wants to experiment - Apr 23, 2012
Tags: action thriller, anil kapoor, bollywood stars, boman irani, buddh, deewaar, drama thriller, formula one grand prix, forthcoming film, four laps, kangna ranaut, kmph, lamborghinis, priyadarshan, sameera reddy, showbiz career, social drama, stylish entry, three decades, zayed khan