Ajay takes Marathi lessons from wife KajolJuly 16th, 2011 - 8:50 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 16 (IANS) Bollywood actor Ajay Devgn turned to his half-Maharashtrian wife, actress Kajol for help when he was required to deliver dialogues fluently in Marathi for his role in Reliance Entertainment’s “Singham”.
Ajay, who plays a tough senior inspector Bajirao Singham in the action movie, has a few scenes where he had to speak in Marathi, and he wanted to perfect it.
Since Kajol, whose mother Tanuja is a Maharashtrian, has a good hold on the language, she was more than excited to help her husband. She taught Ajay how to pronounce a few words authentically, and he picked up the accent within minutes.
“Singham”, releasing July 22, is directed by Rohit Shetty. It is a remake of Tamil film “Singam”.
- Ajay, Rohit get into action mode with cop drama 'Singham' (IANS Preview) - Jul 19, 2011
- Shetty's 'Singham' set for monsoon release - Jun 03, 2011
- Celina's Colombo woes! (Movie Snippets) - Jul 06, 2011
- Rohit Shetty to blow up 20 cars for 'Singham' - Mar 01, 2011
- Rohit Shetty casts 15 Marathi actors for 'Singham' - Apr 15, 2011
- 'Singham' earns net Rs.9.1 crore on opening day - Jul 23, 2011
- Goa police look to 'Singham' for inspiration - Sep 09, 2011
- 'Singham' earns gross Rs.47.50 crore on opening weekend - Jul 25, 2011
- Rohit Shetty feels the 100-crore pressure - Jul 25, 2012
- 'Singham' collection reaches Rs.100 crore - Sep 08, 2011
- Salman in awe of Ajay's toned body (Bollywood Snippets) - Jul 15, 2011
- When photographer surprised Sonali (Movie Snippets) - Aug 02, 2011
- I was sceptical of returning to action: Ajay Devgn (Interview) - Jul 19, 2011
- Prakash Jha changes plan, opens his multiplex with 'Singham' - Jul 27, 2011
- 'Singham': Ajay Devgn plays a one-man army (IANS Hindi Film Review) - Jul 23, 2011