Ajay Katara sent to 14-day judicial custodyOctober 3rd, 2008 - 6:07 pm ICT by ANI
Ghaziabad, Oct.3 (ANI): Ajay Katara, a key witness in the Nitish Katara murder case, was on Friday sent to 14-days judicial custody by a Ghaziabad court.
Police in Ghaziabad arrested Katara late on Thursday night on charges of kidnapping.
He is currently in the Indrapur police station and is accused of trying to kidnap a distant relative of Uttar Pradesh politician D P Yadav, the father of Vikas Yadav, who has been sentenced to life for the murder of Nitish Katara.
Nitish, a young management student, was killed six years ago. Vikas and Vishal Yadav, the son and nephew of Uttar Pradesh politician D P Yadav, were found guilty of the murder and sentenced to life in jail.
Nitish Katara was allegedly in a relationship with their sister Bharti. Vikas and Vishal Yadav took Nitish away from a marriage he was attending in Ghaziabad, smashed his head and then set his body on fire.(ANI )
- Nitish Katara murder witness guilty of lying, says convict (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Nitish Katara murder: Court seeks Vikas Yadav's health records - Feb 01, 2012
- Nitish Katara murder witness guilty of lying, says convict - Jul 17, 2012
- Vikas Yadav wants four days leave from jail - Nov 09, 2011
- Court orders medical inspection of Nitish Katara killers - Feb 02, 2012
- Nitish Katara murder: Court seeks Vikas Yadav's health records (Lead) - Feb 01, 2012
- Delhi Police issued notice on Vikas Yadav's bail plea (Lead) - Mar 25, 2011
- Death term sought for Katara murder convict - Jan 20, 2012
- Death term sought for Katara murder convict (Lead) - Jan 20, 2012
- Katara murder case: Delhi HC allows Vikas to attend brother's wedding - Apr 26, 2011
- Give death to Nitish Katara killers, police tell court - Aug 28, 2012
- Vikas Yadav gets 2-hour parole to attend family function (Lead) - Apr 07, 2011
- Nitish Katara murder: Vishal to pay Rs.16 lakh for security - Mar 16, 2012
- Nitish Katara murder: Vishal Yadav's bail plea rejected - Feb 24, 2011
- Katara murder case: Vikas Yadav withdraws bail plea - Oct 21, 2011
Tags: body on fire, d p yadav, judicial custody, key witness, management student, marriage, nephew, nitish katara murder, nitish katara murder case, police station, politician, relationship, six years, thursday night, vishal, young management