Ajay Devgan All Set To Direct Again: “Kajol Is Not Part Of My Second Directorial Venture”June 14th, 2009 - 11:12 am ICT by Sampurn Wire
By Subhash K Jha
The super-talented Kajol won’t be part of her husband Ajay Devgan’s second directorial venture . And not only because she’s busy with her pal Karan Johar’s film My Name Is Khan in Los Angeles.
Says Ajay “I’m directing a film in mid-2009. There is no role for Kajol in my next film. It’s as simple as that.The leading lady’s role in that film doesn’t suit her,” says the ever-pragmatic Devgan known to never mince his words.
This time as a director Ajay wants to return to his roots. “I haven’t done a full-on action film for ages. My next film as a director would be an actioner with an undercurrent of dark humour.Even Milan Luthria’s film that I’m acting in, is an actioner. I believe audiences want to see me back in action.In fact when I made my entry balanced between two speeding cars in Golmaal Returns people immediately remembered my entry in my first film Phool Aur Kante. The action in my directorial venture will be something unusual.” says Ajay whose directorial debut U Me Aur Hum was critically praised for its brave portrayal of the ravages of Alzheimers.
Ajay feels action scenes have become much safer now. “Earlier we had to do it all and by ourselves. I’ve broken so many bones. Now when you jump from the fifth floor you’re harnessed.Earlier you just did it, or didn’t.”
He clearly feels too much has been made out of his bonding with Salman Khan during the shooting of Vipul Shah’s London Dreams. “We hit it off well. We always have ever since we did Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam together. But we didn’t go out partying and pubbing every night together, as was reported. And we aren’t in touch with one another now that we’re back in Mumbai. We all have our work and family to attend to. And he didn’t present me with any paintings. Where did that come from? I’m right now neck-deep in producing my next film and putting together my next directorial venture.”
Ajay plays a musician in London Dreams. And it required him to alter his looks. “I needed to look cooler. So I cut my hair, grew a stubble. Salman and I play very close friends , so naturally we had to have a certain amount of bonding between us. But that’s it. What I really enjoyed was shooting in London at one go. No distractions. Vipul is one of the most organized filmmakers I’ve worked out. And I didn’t get much of a chance to miss my family. Kajol and my daughter came for a visit.”
- Kajol not part of Ajay Devgan's next venture - Jun 15, 2009
- Sanjay Dutt- Ajay Devgan to star in action movie - Oct 16, 2009
- Ajay and I don't agree on scripts easily: Kajol (Interview) - Dec 16, 2010
- Pankaj, Shabana team up again after 20 years - Feb 06, 2012
- I HAVE NOT RIPPED OFF UNCLE SAMJHA KARO AND PASSED IT OFF AS ALL THE BEST - Oct 16, 2009
- (After 11)Buying film's rights is like paying tribute: Ajay Devgn - Jun 25, 2012
- Ajay Devgan turns 40, to direct a dark comic thriller - Apr 03, 2009
- Salman Khan and Ajay Devgan after Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam - Oct 09, 2009
- I want to bring heroes back on screen: Salman Khan (Interview) - May 14, 2011
- Prakash Jha changes plan, opens his multiplex with 'Singham' - Jul 27, 2011
- Dual roles back in B-town: One ticket, double mazaa - Jun 20, 2012
- ASIN: FROM GHAJINI TO LONDON DREAMS! - Oct 19, 2009
- My 'Chakravyuha' has nothing to do with 'Ko': Prakash Jha - Feb 03, 2012
- Ajay the most versatile actor: Kajol - Dec 08, 2010
- Karan Malhotra's wife Ekta to turn director - Aug 24, 2012
Tags: action film, ajay devgan, audiences, aur, bones, dark humour, de chuke, directorial debut, directorial venture, fifth floor, kajol, leading lady, milan, musician, partying, portrayal, salman khan, subhash, undercurrent, vipul shah