Aishwarya to grace Vogue India coverSeptember 26th, 2008 - 1:21 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 25 (IANS) After Bipasha Basu, Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Podukone and Preity Zinta, beauty queen-turned-Bollywood actress Aishwarya Rai Bachchan joins the host of celebrities to appear on the cover of the fashion and lifestyle magazine Vogue India.Sporting an au naturale look without any accessories in a new slim avatar, Aishwarya was photographed by ace lens man Farrokh Chothia for the October issue of the magazine, dubbed as the Glamour issue.
The shoot was done in London that was the last leg of the recently concluded her father-in-law, Bollywood superstar Amitabh Bachchan’s “Unforgettable” world tour.
“Doing the Vogue cover was a promise I made to Anaita (Shroff Adajania) right from the time she joined the Vogue. Anaita was having a baby and she wanted me to do it before she delivers,” Aishwarya told the NDTV news channel from London.
She added: “I was to do this shoot last month but I fell ill before I left for the world tour. So, we crossed notes and managed to do it on time in London just after we finished almost the last show of the tour.”
Anaita Shroff Adajania is the fashion director for Vogue India and costume stylist for films like “Kal Ho Na Ho”, “Being Cyrus”, “Dhoom 2” and upcoming films like “Drona”, “Biloo Barber” and Imtiaz Ali’s untitled project with Saif Ali Khan and Deepika Padukone.
The actress’ make-up was done by Denise Rabor with hairstylist Josh Wood who couldn’t stop praising her beauty.
Incidentally, Aishwarya is presently in Peru, shooting for her Tamil film “Enthiren”, with southern superstar Rajnikanth.
- Designing for 'Cocktail' was easy: Anaita Shroff (With Image) - Jul 08, 2012
- Aishwarya once again on Vogue cover - Feb 01, 2011
- Savour a mix of friendship, fashion, love in 'Cocktail' (IANS Preview) - Jul 10, 2012
- Hrithik Roshan In London For His Madame Tussauds Statue - Sep 23, 2010
- I'm looking my best now: Bipasha Basu - Sep 03, 2010
- Priyanka sports grungy look for 'Khatron Ke Khiladi 3' (With Image) - Jul 29, 2010
- Rohit Shetty ropes in Archana, VIP for 'Bol Bachchan' (Movie Snippets) - Aug 28, 2011
- From model to motherhood - Aishwarya's fairytale journey (With Images) - Jun 25, 2011
- We want Deepika, Imran to become youth icons: Kunal Kohli - Mar 25, 2010
- Deepika keen on women centric films - Jul 11, 2012
- Deepika admires Rajinikanth's child-like enthusiasm - Jul 10, 2012
- Imran Khan was the first choice for 'Cocktail' - Jul 06, 2012
- Kunal Kohli launches 'Break Ke Baad' - Mar 07, 2010
- Deepika, Saif team up again for 'Cocktail' - May 17, 2011
- Deepika Keeps A Promise To Herself In Cannes - May 17, 2010