Aishwarya Refuses To Act With Brad PittJune 23rd, 2010 - 1:44 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
June 23, 2010 (Sampurn Wire): Aishwarya Rai Bachchan is a familiar name in Hollywood now. She has been brand ambassador for various international brands like Longines, L’Oreal Paris and has also acted in Hollywood projects like the Pink Panther 2, Mistress of Spices, The Last Legion etc.
But the beauty queen has recently refused a Hollywood film, featuring Brad Pitt. She is in high demand among the Hollywood filmmakers but the lady has her hands full with Bollywood projects now. However, she clarified the reason behind her rejection. Aishwarya said, “I was not showing attitude or anything; it is just for the lack of time. My time will be taken up by my Bollywood projects which mean that I cannot do justice to any project in Hollywood right now.”
Earlier also, the actress has rejected the film Troy with Brad Pitt. However, the reason was quite different then. At that time, Aishwarya had said, “I am not comfortable doing those intimate scenes with Brad Pitt. There are lots of kisses and explicit lovemaking scenes. I am not comfortable at all.”
Aishwarya had also refused doing other Hollywood projects like Hancock and Seven Pounds. In fact, the Hollywood director Brett Ratner wanted to cast her in Rush Hour.
Speaking about her international projects, the actress quipped, “In a press conference in India, Michael Douglas confessed that he had brought a script for me. Will Smith was also generous enough to persuade me twice for Hancock and Seven Pounds.”
So, the “desi girl’ Aishwarya is not willing to move towards Hollywood now. It is definitely good news for Bollywood and her Indian fans!
– Sampurn Wire
- I would love to work in a Bollywood film: Brad Pitt (Interview) - Sep 19, 2012
- Aishwarya And Kate Winslet To Shoot An Ad Together - Jul 13, 2010
- Freida's skin tone not altered, says L'Oreal - Sep 29, 2011
- Sonam to walk Cannes red carpet (With Image) - May 14, 2012
- Aishwarya Rai still endorses L'Oreal - Jan 09, 2011
- L’Oreal: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Still Continues To Be Our Spokesperson! - Jan 11, 2011
- Who's likely to head to Cannes from B-Town? - Apr 07, 2012
- From model to motherhood - Aishwarya's fairytale journey (With Images) - Jun 25, 2011
- Jennifer Lopez: The Brand Ambassador Of L’Oreal Paris - Dec 08, 2010
- Bollywood celebrity "wars" go international - Jan 11, 2011
- Ash replaced by Freida Pinto as Indian face of L'Oreal - Jan 09, 2011
- Leave Ash alone, say fans - Jun 01, 2012
- Aishwarya in aid of AIDS at Cannes - May 14, 2012
- My mother is nucleus of my existence: Aishwarya (With Images) - Mar 23, 2012
- Ash, Sonam, Frieda set to dazzle on Cannes red carpet - Apr 22, 2011
Tags: aishwarya rai, beauty queen, brad pitt, director brett ratner, hancock, hollywood director, hollywood film, hollywood filmmakers, indian fans, international brands, international projects, intimate scenes, l oreal, l oreal paris, lack of time, michael douglas, mistress of spices, pink panther 2, rush hour, will smith