Aishwarya didn’t lose Nakshatra endorsement to Katrina: AbhishekAugust 1st, 2008 - 10:36 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 1 (IANS) Trashing rumours about his wife Aishwarya Rai losing out the Nakshatra diamond jewellery endorsement to Katrina Kaif, Abhishek Bachchan said it was his spouse who had taken the call to pull out. Aishwarya has been the brand ambassador for Nakshatra diamond jewellery since 2004 and Katrina is now the new face for the brand.
“Nakshatra was discontinued by Aishwarya. It is false news that she lost out the endorsement to Katrina Kaif. Aishwarya had some conditions and the company did not come to terms with this, so she called it off,” Abhishek told IANS.
He was speaking on the sidelines of the Omega Olympics Evening organised here to honour the Indian contingent for the Beijing games.
The actor, who is busy with the “Unforgettable” tour in the US, flew in for the event from San Francisco. He also explained the philosophy behind endorsement deals.
“Endorsements are not a competition. Nobody loses an endorsement. It is just that sometimes the technicalities don’t work out between the endorser and the brand. At the end of the day, an endorser is asked to endorse a product because one’s image looks best suited to the brand,” said Abhishek who is the brand ambassador of Omega watches.
This is the second time this year that Katrina has overtaken Aishwarya in terms of popularity and endorsements. Earlier, Katrina replaced her as the Bollywood star with the maximum number of downloads and searches on the Internet.
Asked about the response to the “Unforgettable” tour, Abhishek said: “The experience is wonderful. The tour is meant to reach people who don’t get to see enough of Bollywood action live. It is wonderful to perform on stage.
“We are through with one-quarter of the show with performances in Toronto, Trinidad and Tobago, Los Angeles and San Francisco.”
Asked about reports that he had been taking dance lessons from Aishwarya for his “Unforgettable” performances, Abhishek quipped: “I learn everything that my wife teaches me. Once married you have to.”
So how did the actor manage to find time from his hectic schedule to attend the Omega event?
“I think when you want to make out time, you always can and in this case, it was for a worthy cause.”
Queried whether he too was planning to join the bandwagon of celebrity bloggers like his father Amitabh Bachchan, he promptly replied: “Blogs are a wonderful way of reaching out to audiences. I would like to blog, but I don’t really have the time.”
Abhishek flew back to the US Friday and joined his family and Bollywood stars Preity Zinta, Riteish Deshmukh, composer duo Vishal-Shekhar and choreographer Shiamak Davar who are part of the “Unforgettable” tour.
Their next performances are in London, Rotterdam and finally in the German city of Oberhausen.
- Aishwarya Rai still rides high on international endorsements - Apr 21, 2009
- Deepak Sawant set to work with Abhishek in Bhojpuri film - May 03, 2012
- Select few have been associated with Lux: Katrina - Mar 01, 2010
- KJo Says Ash Has Not Banned Kat For Abhishek - Sep 09, 2010
- Abhishek Bachchan to attend Olympics - Aug 05, 2012
- Katrina Kaif Wants To Go Green On Her Future Wedding Day - Aug 16, 2010
- 'Sarkar 3' on cards, sans Aishwarya - Apr 25, 2012
- 2010 Year Of Monstrous Disappointments - Dec 31, 2010
- Ash-Abhi to miss 'Raavan' screening at Venice fest - Aug 31, 2010
- Amitabh, Jaya team up after 10 years for jewellery ad - Mar 22, 2011
- Abhishek and Aishwarya Back Out - Sep 06, 2010
- Bollywood glitters at India's first jewellery week inaugural - Aug 15, 2010
- Vijay Golecha's dream; design jewellery for Rekha - Aug 01, 2011
- Ash, baby doing great, tweets excited Abhishek - Nov 16, 2011
- Abhishek And Aishwarya Can't Attend Screening Of Raavan At Venice Festival - Sep 01, 2010
Tags: abhishek bachchan, aishwarya rai, bollywood star, contingent, dance lessons, diamond jewellery, endorsement deals, endorsements, endorser, false news, katrina kaif, maximum number, nakshatra diamond, New Delhi, new face, rumours, sidelines, technicalities, trashing, trinidad and tobago