Aishwarya declines to be immortalised as BarbieMarch 27th, 2009 - 9:16 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 27 (IANS) Bollywood beauty Aishwarya Rai has declined to be immortalised as a Barbie doll, due to her professional commitments.
It was earlier reported that representatives of the 35-year-old actress were in negotiations with Barbie’s manufacturer Mattel, who planned to give the iconic doll a Bollywood face. But the deal did not take off.
Since 1994 when Aishwarya won the Miss World title, the company has made numerous attempts to make a celebrity doll modelled on the Indian beauty. However, she could never get time for their endeavour, due to her professional commitments, she said.
Yet again on the doll’s 50th anniversary, Aishwarya was approached to appear decked up as a celebrity Barbie.
“Mattel was keen to have the actress walk the ramp on Lakme Fashion Week ‘Barbie dolled up’ in a winning design as Single Likeness Barbie, which would be unveiled and auctioned for a charity of her choice,” said a statement issued by Aishwarya’s spokesperson.
However, the actress opted out due to her prior commitments as she did not want to cause inconvenience to the film-makers she was working with by taking time out for the event.
- The truth about Barbie - Apr 03, 2009
- Barbie Katrina to be launched in December - Nov 20, 2009
- Barbie dolls inspired by Kardashian sisters - Jan 06, 2012
- After Katrina, Hrithik may walk the ramp for kids - Jan 13, 2012
- Will Barbie doll sport a bald look? - Jan 13, 2012
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan to be Barbie doll - Mar 25, 2009
- Katrina Kaif: The Perfect Barbie Doll! - Nov 25, 2010
- Lakme ropes in newcomer Shraddha Kapoor as brand ambassador - Sep 16, 2010
- Katrina Barbie arrives in India - Nov 19, 2009
- New Barbie dolls for Olympics 2012 - Jul 26, 2012
- New dolls on Pattinson, Stewart 'Twilight' wedding - Jan 12, 2012
- Nervous Sridevi almost trips at Neeta Lulla's show - Sep 21, 2010
- Aishwarya may be the new face of Barbie in India - Mar 25, 2009
- Barbie to go bald - Apr 01, 2012
- Janet Jackson helps raise money for charity - Dec 14, 2010
Tags: 50th anniversary, actress, aishwarya rai, barbie doll, barbie mattel, endeavour, fashion week, film makers, inconvenience, indian beauty, likeness, manufacturer mattel, mattel, miss world title, New Delhi, professional commitments, ramp, spokesperson, taking time, winning design