Airtel digital TV launches “Magic dekho, talktime pao” offerMay 29th, 2009 - 10:55 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
-Exclusive offer only for Airtel Prepaid Mobile customers across the country
Bangalore, May 29, 2009: Bharti Airtel, Asia’s leading integrated telecom service provider, today announced the launch of the “Magic Dekho, Talktime Pao” offer on its DTH service – digital TV. This is an exclusive offer for Airtel Prepaid Mobile customers across the country where on buying a digital TV connection at Rs. 2000 with 3 months of Super Value Pack, the Airtel Prepaid Mobile customer receives 1000 minutes of local Airtel to Airtel talktime. For our customers in the south, buy a digital TV from Airtel at Rs 2000 with 5 months of South Value Pack and receive 750 minutes of local Airtel to Airtel talktime. The offer is valid only till June 30, 2009.
Announcing the offer, Mr Ajai Puri, Director and CEO-DTH, Bharti Airtel said, “Our offer of Magic Dekho Talktime Pao delivers on the promise we made at the time of the launch of our DTH service i.e. to bring the benefit of a One Airtel experience to our customers and offer them loyalty benefits of being an Airtel customer. This exclusive offer for our existing Prepaid Mobile customers also gives us an opportunity to increase our share of the customer’s wallet.”
To avail the offer, a customer needs to follow a simple 3-step process. First, Airtel Prepaid Mobile customer purchases a digital TV connection from any Airtel digital TV retail outlet. Second, he calls 1800 102 8080 to register his new connection and share his Airtel Prepaid Mobile number. Thirdly, talktime is credited on his Airtel Prepaid Mobile account within 7 days of activation of his digital TV connection.
digital TV from Airtel uses the latest MPEG4 standard with DVB S2 technology, which translates into exceptional picture clarity and consistent high-quality audio for the customer. It brings many firsts to the DTH segment in India including a Universal Remote which operates both the Set Top Box and TV set as well as Interactive Applications which give customers the freedom to book movie tickets, travel package and shop for branded products, among others. Users can also access city-specific news and update themselves on the latest stock news. We are also the only one to offer our customers the pleasure of listening to ad-free Worldspace Satellite radio. All this is backed by 24×7 customer care available in 8 different languages and a team of 800 professionally trained service engineers.
- Dish Freedom - switch providers without changing set-top box - Aug 29, 2011
- Pre-paid Airtel customers to get detailed bills now - Feb 13, 2012
- Airtel launches GPS to help track Bangladeshi fishing boats - Dec 21, 2010
- TRAI move on STB interoperability receives mixed response - Sep 17, 2010
- Bharti Airtel forays into mobile advertising segment - May 27, 2012
- Mobile phone firms go all out to woo other's customers - Jan 25, 2011
- Idea Cellular slashes 3G tariffs by 70 percent - May 22, 2012
- Airtel slashes 3G data tariff by 70 percent - May 17, 2012
- Bharti Airtel launches 4G services in Bangalore - May 07, 2012
- Bharti Airtel appoints new CEOs - Aug 10, 2011
- Saregama India, Timbre Media to launch genre-based radio channels - Jul 07, 2011
- Airtel ropes in Infosys for mobile wallet service - Feb 27, 2012
- No hike in tariff: MTNL - Aug 03, 2011
- Airtel DTH launches digital TV recorder - Apr 07, 2010
- Percept Knorigin inks deal with Alcatel Lucent to provide digital content - Jun 01, 2011
Tags: 5 months, ajai, bharti airtel, customer purchases, digital tv, dth service, exclusive offer, firsts, high quality audio, launch, mobile customers, mobile number, mpeg4, pao, puri, retail outlet, rs 2000, telecom service provider, tv connection, wallet