Airport Metro open to filmmakersOctober 19th, 2011 - 6:58 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 19 (IANS) Delhi’s swank Airport Metro Express (AME) can now be seen in all its speeding glitter in Bollywood films as the Reliance Infrastructure-led concessionaire will allow movie shoots, an official from the concessionaire said.
“Ever since the Reliance Metro Airport Express Line started in February, requests for shooting movies have come aplenty. Our world class modern stations and hi-tech, super speed trains are best locales for film shooting and promotion,” said Reliance Infrastructure Limited president Anil P. Gupta.
Already, the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) has allowed film shooting inside the metro for Bollywood movies such as “Paa”, “Bewafaa”, “Dev.D”, “Love Aaj Kal”, “Black And White” and “Delhi-6″.
“Shooting at the world class terminals and coaches is quite economical compared to metros of foreign cities. Moreover, AME provides world class, hi-tech facilities to the film producers at very cost effective prices,” a Reliance Infrastructure official said.
“At the same time, the shootings will take place in such a way that it will not affect the commuters,” he added.
Delhi Airport Metro Express will also host a promotional campaign Wednesday at Shivaji stadium metro station for Shah Rukh Khan’s upcoming “RA-One” movie.
Built at a cost of Rs.5,700 crore, the 23-km Airport Metro Express line has six stations: New Delhi Railway Station, Shivaji Stadium, Dhaula Kuan, Delhi Aero City, Indira Gandhi International Airport and Dwarka Sector 21.
- Multi-level car parking for Airport Metro commuters - Feb 06, 2012
- Airport Metro to run on Diwali - Oct 25, 2011
- Delhi Metro's airport line extends its radio cab service - Jan 07, 2012
- Airport Metro introduces new fare payment card - Aug 18, 2011
- Airport Metro line services suspended from Sunday - Jul 07, 2012
- Airport Metro offers discount on Guru Purab - Nov 09, 2011
- Airport Metro offers discount this weekend - Dec 08, 2011
- Airport Metro's two new stations open Monday - Aug 15, 2011
- 15,000 people daily travel on airport Metro - Sep 11, 2011
- Airport Metro feeder bus service from Wednesday - Sep 13, 2011
- Airport Metro goes hi-tech with wi-fi connectivity - Jan 12, 2012
- Airport Metro increases frequency during peak hours - Aug 05, 2011
- Delhi Tourism sets up kiosks at two Airport Metro stations - Mar 15, 2012
- Delhi's airport Metro may re-start late August (Roundup) - Jul 07, 2012
- Airport line deficient on safety: Delhi Metro - Sep 30, 2010
Tags: aaj kal, bewafaa, bollywood films, concessionaire, delhi airport, delhi metro rail, delhi metro rail corporation, dhaula kuan, dmrc, dwarka, film producers, indira gandhi, indira gandhi international airport, infrastructure limited, metro airport, metro express, metro station, shah rukh khan, speed trains, swank airport