Airport assualt case against Brand droppedNovember 22nd, 2010 - 12:08 am ICT by IANS
London, Nov 21 (IANS) British comedian Russell Brand has escaped punishment for allegedly assaulting a photographer during an airport clash in September.
The “Get Him to the Greek” star was arrested and charged with assault and battery after the run-in with an over-zealous photographer at the Los Angeles International Airport, where he and his then-fiancee Katy Perry were due to board a flight.
Brand insisted he was defending the honour of Perry, now his wife, as the paparazzo reportedly attempted to take a picture up her skirt, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
“Mr. Brand and his lawyer attended a hearing. Following that meeting, we do not anticipate any further action will be necessary regarding this matter,” said Los Angeles City Attorney spokesman Frank Mateljan.
- Russell Brand may evade charges in paparazzo scuffle - Oct 10, 2010
- Russell Brand free to marry Katy Perry after escaping punishment - Oct 09, 2010
- Russell Brand arrested for scuffle - Sep 18, 2010
- Russell Brand Arrested - Sep 20, 2010
- Russell Brand unlikely to face charges over US airport fight - Nov 19, 2010
- "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" Star Russell Brand Arrested At Los Angeles Airport - Sep 18, 2010
- Russell Brand deported from Japan - May 22, 2011
- John Mayer hooks up with Katy Perry - Jul 30, 2012
- Russell was protecting me: Katy - Sep 19, 2010
- Brand wants to be a vicar - Jul 20, 2012
- Russel Brand Nervous About His Wedding Speech - Oct 11, 2010
- Brand to give Perry their $6.5 mn marital home - Apr 03, 2012
- Brand, Perry to sit on ornate wedding thrones - Oct 23, 2010
- Russell Brand loves being married - Nov 11, 2010
- Russell Brand takes driving lessons - Dec 08, 2010
Tags: angeles city, assault and battery, british comedian, clash, comedian russell, fiancee, greek star, honour, lawyer, london, los angeles city attorney, los angeles international airport, paparazzo, photographer, russell brand, skirt, spokesman