Ailing Zsa Zsa Gabor has her right leg amputatedJanuary 15th, 2011 - 12:47 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan 15 (ANI): Legendary actress Zsa Zsa Gabor has had her right leg amputated.
Doctors treating the 93-year-old at a Los Angeles hospital decided on the procedure after an MRI revealed that an infection in her leg had spread into the bone.
Her publicist John Blanchette confirmed the news and said that the operation had become a necessity.
“This is a very dangerous operation for someone her age,” the Daily Mail quoted Blanchette as saying.
“But she will die otherwise,” Blanchette added.
Gabor had about three-fourths of her leg amputated after her ninth husband Prince Frederic von Anhalt gave the go-ahead for the life-saving operation. (ANI)
- Gabor undergoes leg amputation surgery - Jan 15, 2011
- Zsa Zsa Gabor back home after amputation - Jan 23, 2011
- Gabor's husband allows leg amputation - Jan 09, 2011
- Zsa Zsa Gabor does not know her leg has been amputated - Jan 17, 2011
- Elvis Presley's old home owned by Zsa Zsa Gabor on sale for $28mn - Jan 20, 2011
- Frederic Prinz von Anhalt Hospitalized Subsequent To His Collapse In An Elevator - Feb 03, 2011
- Zsa Zsa Gabor may have leg amputated - Jan 03, 2011
- Doctors Perpetrate The Amputation Of Zsa Zsa Gabor’s Right Leg - Jan 15, 2011
- Actress Zsa Zsa Gabor rushed to hospital, to have leg amputated - Jan 03, 2011
- Zsa Zsa Gabor refuses second leg amputation - Mar 05, 2011
- Zsa Zsa Gabor hospitalised again - Oct 10, 2011
- Zsa Zsa Gabor To Undergo Partial Leg Amputation - Jan 03, 2011
- Actress Zsa Zsa Gabor receives gold casket as a gift - Feb 02, 2011
- Zsa Zsa Gabor's doctor holds off leg amputation - Jan 04, 2011
- Zsa Zsa Gabor rushed to hospital after spitting blood - Feb 02, 2011