Ailing Fawcett’s son shaved his head after she lost locks to chemotherapyMay 14th, 2009 - 5:37 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 14 (ANI): Farrah Fawcett’s son Redmond O’neal got his head shaved after his cancer- stricken mum lost her famous blonde hair to chemotherapy.
The ailing actress was diagnosed with anal cancer three years ago and the disease had since spread to her liver.
Her partner Ryan O’Neal revealed that Redmond in a moment of solidarity went bald shortly before he was sent to prison for drug possession in April this year.
“When she lost her hair, he shaved his head. It was the two of them. You didn’t know which one was which,” the Daily Express quoted him as saying.
The 24-year-old prisoner, the only son of Fawcett and the Oscar-nominated actor, had been temporarily released from prison so that he could see his mother under a visit monitored by the sheriff’s office.
O’Neal added: “They were lying together. He just wanted to see her, hold her, he wanted to apologise. He’s so full of shame for his mistakes. She forgives him.” (ANI)
- Ryan O'Neal still grieving Fawcett's death - Jun 25, 2010
- Redmond O'Neal dealing with drug possession charges - Aug 05, 2011
- O'Neal slams allegations he cheated on Fawcett with Stewart - Jul 16, 2009
- Cancer-stricken Farrah Fawcett weighs 86 pounds: Redmond O'Neal - Apr 18, 2009
- Ryan O'Neal had a hit on his daughter - Aug 04, 2009
- Cancer-stricken Farrah Fawcett loses her hair - May 07, 2009
- Farrah Fawcett weighs more than 86 pounds, says best pal - Apr 21, 2009
- Farrah Fawcett's jailed son pays her monitored visit - Apr 28, 2009
- Farrah Fawcett's jailed son permitted to be with her - May 18, 2009
- Farrah Fawcett and Ryan O'Neal to marry - Jun 23, 2009
- Farrah Fawcett's son faces 3yrs in jail - Apr 13, 2009
- Ryan O'Neal happy to be left out of Farrah Fawcett's will - Nov 18, 2009
- Farrah Fawcett Has Passed Away - Jun 26, 2009
- Priest reads cancer-stricken Fawcett 'her last rites' - Jun 25, 2009
- Farrah Fawcett leaves nothing in her will to Ryan O'Neal - Nov 17, 2009