Age no bar to Avika Gor for essaying new rolesJuly 28th, 2012 - 1:43 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 28 (IANS) She might be 15, but young TV actress Avika Gor doesn’t let her age come in the way of her career. She says her stint is popular show “Balika Vadhu” has prepared her for kind of roles.
“I love picking up challenges. I want to do every kind of role. If I can show my talent of laughing, crying and acting in front of people, then I would love to do any role,” Avika told IANS.
The actress was as young as 10 when she rose to fame with her role as Anandi in Colors show “Balika Vadhu” and even walked away with numerous awards.
There is a common notion that child artists miss out on living a normal life amidst the stardom, but Avika begs to differ.
“If this had been the case, then I would not have been doing all this. This is something different than normal life and I love it. People ask for my autograph and tell me which episode they liked and I love it,” said Avika, who is currently seen in “Sasural Simar Ka”.
“Who doesn’t like attention and I get it from good people. I feel good that I am pursuing my hobby and people like it,” she added.
Avika is set to put on her dancing shoes to be a part of dance reality show “Jhalak Dikhhla Ja” as a wild card entry along with choreographer Sanam Johar. She will compete with Neha Bhasin, Rashmi Desai, Karan Wahi, Rithwik Dhanjani and Jay Soni.
“I am excited and I want to prove myself. I love dancing. I have been learning dance since I was 4 years old. Then at the age of 10 when I started doing ‘Balika Vadhu’, I stopped learning it. Through ‘Jhalak…’ I am again getting the opportunity to dance,” she said.
Avika’s big screen career also seems to be kicking off in a big way. After doing films like “Paathshaala” and “Tezz”, she is set to debut as a leading lady with a female-oriented movie “Kaanch”.
“I am doing a movie called ‘Kaanch’ and it is being directed by Kalpana Lazmi. This is a female oriented movie,” she said.
- I prefer hosting reality shows: Jay Soni - Jul 27, 2012
- Pratyusha Banerjee too skinny to look vulgar! - Jun 13, 2012
- Hard for singers to sell individual work: Neha Bhasin - Jul 28, 2012
- Bhandarkar amused over 'Fashion' copyright case (Movie Snippets) - Apr 13, 2012
- Shibani, Punit turn showstoppers (TV Snippets) - Aug 04, 2012
- Asha Bhosle grooves with Riteish (TV Snippets) - Jul 26, 2012
- 'Balika Vadhu' puts forth reality well: Farida Jalal - May 12, 2012
- 'Balika Vadhu' celebrates its 1,000th episode - May 15, 2012
- Shashank Vyas steps in as Jagiya on 'Balika Vadhu' - Aug 03, 2010
- Indian TV projects unhappy lives: Karan Johar (Interview) - Jun 13, 2012
- Avika Gor's dream comes true!! - Apr 08, 2010
- 'Balika Vadhu' celebrates 1,000th episode - May 15, 2012
- Co-incidentally I've become face of change: Vidya - Feb 23, 2012
- Wanted to inspire housewives: Jayati Bhatia - Jul 29, 2012
- No work, all colourful play on Holi, say TV actors - Mar 06, 2012
Tags: anandi, autograph, avika, bhasin, child artists, choreographer, dancing shoes, desai, gor, karan wahi, leading lady, New Delhi, reality show, sanam, screen career, simar, stardom, stint, tv actress, wild card