After US, ”boob jabs” head to BritainOctober 21st, 2008 - 5:37 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct 21 (ANI): Forget splashing thousands on boobs jobs, for jabs for the same are coming to Britain.
After creating a storm in the US, “Botox boob jobs” and “lunchtime boob jabs” are coming to the UK.
The procedure that has been attracting the most attention is the Botox boob job. Long used to freeze the foreheads of Hollywood actresses of a certain age, the botulinum toxin is now being used to give sagging assets a lift.
The “boob jab” is a non-surgical and more natural-looking way to enhance what nature gave you.
American doctors are injecting Botox into the pectoralis minor muscles in the chest, which causes the rhomboid muscle in the chest to raise up, lifting the breast.
“It is not something I”d rule out, if we have some more analysis and testing,” the Independent quoted Dr Lorraine Ishak of Transform Cosmetic Surgery Clinics, as saying.
“But as far as I”m concerned, it is experimental Botox, and I would want a very experienced person injecting it,” the expert added.
While the treatment is attracting lots of interest from women who want to alter their breasts, there are questions over both the effectiveness and safety of the treatment.
British surgeons are increasingly concerned about the growing popularity of such treatments in the UK, where “non-surgical treatments” are so lightly regulated that beauticians and nurses can perform risky procedures.
“These are the major muscles that you use to ski, turn over in bed, do everything. For me, the risks outweigh the benefits,” said Dr Nick Milojevic, a Botox specialist at the Harley Medical Group cosmetic surgeons.
“You”d need a lot of Botox for this treatment to work, so it would cost around 1,000 pounds per treatment, and it is something you”d need to repeat three times a year,” the expert added. (ANI)
- Forever young - more men opting for Botox - Oct 25, 2010
- Lips to nose, cosmetic packages boom for Valentine's Day - Feb 07, 2012
- First day, first show: Freshers spruce up with cosmetic treatments - Jul 21, 2012
- Breast implant 'swallowed' by woman’s body during a Pilates session - Dec 16, 2011
- Here comes the - botox - bride - Jul 13, 2012
- More men in US undergoing plastic surgery to 'look good' - Mar 21, 2011
- Botox jabs 'cause muscles to waste away into fat' - Dec 04, 2010
- Bruised Kim Kardashian quits botox - Sep 23, 2010
- US teenagers get 12,000 botox jabs in a year - Aug 13, 2010
- More men going under the knife to look good - Mar 21, 2011
- 'Human Barbie' gives Botox jabs to 15-year-old daughter - Mar 03, 2010
- Botox may not be effective in treating migraines - Feb 10, 2011
- Turn the clock around, gift your dad cosmetic treatment (June 17 is Father's Day) - Jun 15, 2012
- An 'explosion' in the number of boob jobs in run-up to Christmas - Dec 08, 2010
- Boob job 'most popular cosmetic surgery procedure' - Mar 27, 2011
Tags: american doctors, beauticians, botox, botulinum toxin, britain london, certain age, cosmetic surgeons, cosmetic surgery clinics, dr nick, foreheads, harley medical group, hollywood actresses, ishak, jab, jabs, lunchtime, major muscles, minor muscles, pectoralis, rhomboid muscle