After Madame Tussauds, Shah Rukh’s wax statue in ParisMarch 7th, 2008 - 11:52 pm ICT by admin
Mumbai, March 7 (IANS) Bollywood megastar Shah Rukh Khan has more reason to smile - he will have a second wax look alike coming up in the West, this time in France. Barely a year after his wax statue was unveiled at Madame Tussauds, London, Paris’s Grevin wax museum will present King Khan’s wax statue next month.
This will make Shah Rukh the second Indian celebrity after Mahatma Gandhi to have a wax statue in Grevin and the first Bollywood star to have two wax statues in the two most prestigious wax museums worldwide.
Stating this in Mumbai Friday, Grevin’s marketing director Frederic Gouguidis said that this was the outcome of its exclusive partnership with the travel major, Cox and Kings, in the Indian market.
Khan is extremely popular in France with a huge fan following and the wax statue would give Indians another reason to travel to that country, he added.
Paris Convention & Visitors Bureau managing director Paul Roll said that Paris is a hot destination among Indian tourists. “Last year, over 300,000 Indians visited France, the second largest number after China,” Roll said.
A 19th century French journalist Arthur Meyer conceived Grevin’s wax museum. He collaborated with Alfred Grevin, a cartoonist, sculptor and costume designer to work on the project.
When the wax museum doors were finally thrown open to the public in June 1882, it was a grand success.
Some of the wax statues in the Grevin collection include Mahatma Gandhi, Albert Einstein, Pope John Paul-II, Elvis Presley and Michael Jackson.
- Madhuri unveils her wax statue in London - Mar 07, 2012
- Kapil Dev, Bhujbal now in wax (with Images) - Nov 25, 2011
- Madhuri's wax statue to be unveiled March 7 - Feb 05, 2012
- Kareena unveiled at Tussauds - Oct 27, 2011
- Hrithik among most kissed at Madame Tussauds? - Oct 30, 2011
- Wax statue biggest honour: Kareena - Nov 11, 2011
- Hrithik shoots 'Just Dance' at Madame Tussauds - May 03, 2011
- Shah Rukh finds a place at New York Madame Tussauds (With Images) - Aug 13, 2010
- Hazare's wax statue unveiled in Maharashtra - Nov 20, 2011
- Hazare's wax statue unveiled in Maharashtra (Lead, With Images) - Nov 20, 2011
- Now Hrithik to enter Madame Tussauds - Jul 08, 2010
- Wax sculpture of Penelope Cruz in Paris museum - Jul 27, 2012
- Hrithik unveils his wax figure at Madame Tussauds - Jan 21, 2011
- Madhuri Dixit to be immortalised in wax - Jan 05, 2012
- Shah Rukh's $300,000 wax double to be unveiled in Hollywood - Jan 28, 2010
Tags: bollywood star, cox and kings, grevin, indian celebrity, indians, king khan, london paris, madame tussauds london, mahatma gandhi, marketing, megastar, paris convention, paris mumbai, partnership, shah rukh khan, time in france, wax museum, wax museums, wax statues