After ‘Love, Sex…’, Dibakar, Ekta to team up againJuly 31st, 2010 - 8:07 pm ICT by IANS
By Subhash K. Jha
Mumbai, July 31 (IANS) After the luminously lauded “Love Sex Aur Dhoka” (LSD), the unlikely duo of director Dibakar Banerjee and producer Ekta Kapoor are all set to come together again for what promises to be the most intense love story of 2011.
Apparently, Dibakar wrote a new love story specially for Ekta’s Balaji Films and presented it to her as a belated birthday gift (Ekta turned a year older June 7).
Irresistible is how Dibakar Banerjee describes his collaboration with Ekta Kapoor.
“See, Ekta is dream producer. When we came together for LSD, we never thought we’d be able to work so well together. She gave me a free rein. I was in a totally happy frame of mind making LSD. Even if its impact was not what it is, I’d have still gone back to Ekta to make a film,” Dibakar says.
At home with his newly-adopted daughter Ira, Dibakar is now domesticated and in a mellow frame of mind, quietly penning the love story for his demanding producer.
However, Ekta had a pre-condition for Dibakar.
“She wanted me to return to her only when I’ve a true-blue love story to make,” said the director of acclaimed movies like “Khosla Ka Ghosla” and “Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye!”
The love story will go on the floor in the second-half of 2011. For now, Dibakar watches LSD acquire a life of its own. He left for the Melbourne International Film Festival Tuesday where LSD is being screened along with Aamir Khan’s “Peepli Live” and Abhishek Choubey’s “Ishqiya” in the ‘Not Quite Bollywood’ section.
Says the enthused director: “It is quite a triumph for Indian cinema to have different kind of films being recognized. But we have a long struggle ahead.”
However, he regrets not having his producer Ekta Kapoor along. Immersed in the release of her new film “Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai”, Ekta has regrettably given the honour a miss.
Dibakar and LSD’s associate producer Priya Aven would also be participating in a discussion on digital cinema at the festival.
And if you think Dibakar’s trip to Melbourne is all about work, he’s also taking his wife and daughter Ira along.
“If I don’t find ways of spending time with Ira, I’d soon be left with no time for her,” Dibakar says.
- Dibakar Banerjee To Team Up With Ekta Kapoor Again - Jul 31, 2010
- Dibakar Banerjee To Team Up With Abhay Deol Again - Mar 23, 2010
- Censor board becoming more liberal: Director Dibakar Banerjee - Aug 03, 2012
- Technique of 'Ragini MMS','Paranormal Activity' same: Ekta Kapoor - Apr 07, 2011
- "My Shanghai Is Not Going To Be Shot In China." -- Dibakar Banerjee Speaks For The First Time On His New Film. - Sep 09, 2010
- PVR Pictures ties up with Dibakar Banerjee for film - Sep 09, 2010
- Voyeurism is reality of society: Director Dibakar Banerjee - Mar 11, 2010
- 'Shanghai' will be my most violent film: Dibakar Banerjee (Interview) - Sep 10, 2010
- I'm happy for the entire team: National Film Awards winner - Jan 23, 2010
- LSD is my pride while TV is my power! -- Ekta Kapoor - May 14, 2010
- Ekta Kapoor-Dibakar Banerjee Differ Over Love Sex Aur Dhokha! - Dec 23, 2009
- 'Love, Sex, Aur Dhoka' content will surprise people: Dibakar Banerjee - Jan 23, 2010
- Love Sex Aur Dhoka's Loss Is Aisha's Gain - Aug 04, 2010
- 'Love Sex aur Dhokha' team to distribute cards on V-Day - Feb 14, 2010
- Never seen before nude scenes in the offing with LSD - Mar 10, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,