After ‘Jhalak…’, Sushil Kumar says no to danceAugust 5th, 2012 - 7:52 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 5 (IANS) “Kaun Banega Crorepati” winner Sushil Kumar’s dance journey might have come to an end on “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 5″, but he is leaving the show as a much more confident man and better dancer too. But he won’t do it again.
“First of all, my stage fear has completely vanished after ‘Jhalak….’ and I am much more confident person now,” Sushil, who rose to fame after winning the jackpot prize of Rs.5 crore on the fifth season of “Kaun Banega Crorepati”, last year, told IANS over phone from Mumbai.
“Secondly, I hadn’t ever thought that I would be able to meet well-known celebrities like Madhuri Dixit, Karan Johar and Remo D’Souza. I consider myself lucky that I was able to perform in front of them and interact with them,” he added.
Asked if given a chance, would he like to be a part of any other reality shows in future, he said: “I don’t know what the future holds for me, but I am definitely not dancing anymore.”
Dance was obviously not a cake walk for Sushil, who has two left feet. But he managed to match steps with his choreographer Alisha in salsa, freestyle and Bollywood dances forms.
“I didn’t know how to dance before this show happened. During the rehearsals, I used to write the steps on paper and learn them. There were steps where I had to kneel down or jump, something which was very difficult for me,” said Sushil, who is a computer operator by profession.
“I didn’t even know the name of the dance forms that I have performed on the show, but still I worked hard and I am happy with my stint. I never came with the intention to win the show,” he added.
Sushil used to hide away whenever he was asked to shake a leg at family weddings and functions, but the 27-year-old is delighted he wouldn’t be doing that anymore.
Fondly called ‘antarmukhi’ (introvert) by Madhuri on the show, Sushil says that after seeing him, “many of my friends are now inspired to learn dance.”
He says that his tryst with glitz and glamour seems like a dream.
“All the glitz and glamour seems like an imagination. I used to think how this side of the world would be and frankly it’s really very different. I have enjoyed every moment. The celebrities I have met are so humble. Madhuriji, Karanji and Remo sir used to be so much fun on sets,” he said.
- Sushil Kumar's 'Jhalak...' journey ends - Aug 04, 2012
- After winning 'KBC' jackpot, Sushil building house for family - Jul 31, 2012
- I pray, I don't get offers like 'Jhalak...': Sushil Kumar (With Images) - Jun 19, 2012
- I've maintained myself well: Talat Aziz - Jun 25, 2012
- KBC winner Sushil Kumar in 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 5' - Jun 17, 2012
- Madhuri, Remo to judge 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4' - Nov 26, 2010
- Sushil Kumar's act on 'Jhalak...' impresses Abhishek (With Images) - Jun 23, 2012
- On TV, Sony ruled the roost (2011 in Retrospect) - Dec 23, 2011
- KBC winner awaits Rs.5 crore, Big B says cheque ready - Dec 13, 2011
- Remo D' Souza scares young Salman Khan - Jul 19, 2012
- Ravi Kishan in 'Jhalak...' because of daughter (Movie Snippets) - Jun 08, 2012
- KBC winner will be rural job scheme brand ambassador - Nov 14, 2011
- Indian reality TV is Bollywood show all the way! - Feb 05, 2011
- Now, Indian version of 'The X Factor' coming soon! - Jan 21, 2011
- I'm a four-day Shah Rukh Khan: Sushil Kumar - Nov 11, 2011
Tags: alisha, cake walk, choreographer, computer operator, confident man, confident person, crore, dance forms, family weddings, fifth season, glitz and glamour, introvert, jackpot prize, johar, madhuri dixit, rehearsals, remo, sushil kumar, tryst, two left feet