After ‘Heroes’, Vatsal and Sohail to act as brothersNovember 6th, 2008 - 9:41 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Nov 6 (IANS) Actors Vatsal Sheth and Sohail Khan hit it off really well while doing Samir Karnik’s “Heroes” and the two are coming together on the big screen once again - this time as brothers.Sohail and Vatsal have been signed on for Vicky Chopra’s “Seasons Greetings”.
Vatsal told IANS: “It’s good to have someone look out for you. After ‘Tarzan - The Wonder Car’, I didn’t want to do any and every film. I waited. In ‘Heroes’, Sohail bhai and I play friends travelling together. He put me so much at ease I forgot I was years younger than him. We actually became buddies as we travelled together through the film. With ‘Heroes’ I feel I’ve come of age. And now he plays my bro in ‘Seasons Greetings’.”
The bonding went beyond the film that also starred Sunny and Bobby Deol, Preity Zinta, Salman Khan and Mithun Chakraborty.
Sohail has helped Vatsal get a plum role in Subhash Ghai’s production, “Paying Guest”.
“In an industry where actors are known to steal scenes and roles from under your nose Sohail bhai has been going out of his way to be good to me. It’s true he got me Subhash Ghai’s ‘Paying Guest’. The role was offered to Sohail bhai. When he couldn’t do it, he recommended me,” Vatsal said.
Vatsal is still remembered for his long stint as the teenage pin-up boy in the TV serial “Just Mohabbat”.
“Back then when they had done a popularity survey, Shah Rukh and Hrithik were in the first two places. My character Jai in ‘Just Mohabbat’ was named third,” the young actor said.
Any regrets in his career so far?
“Just one, my film ‘Hostel’, which was a gritty raw film about ragging in student campuses featuring people who had actually been through the ragging, got shelved. I’d have liked that film to come out.
“I had worked really hard on getting the character right. But it’s okay. I’ve lots to look forward to. I’m patient. I proved it by waiting for three years after my movie debut in ‘Tarzan - The Wonder Car’ for the right offers,” Vatsal said.
Sohail, who was shooting for David Dhawan’s “Do Knot Disturb” in Abu Dhabi, said he got along well with the budding actor.
He said: “Vatsal is a lovely boy. I’m really fond of him.”
- Filmy story of Vatsal Sheth - Sep 16, 2009
- Will Aamir launch Jackie's son? - Nov 24, 2011
- The special bonding between Samir Karnik, Vatsal Seth - Jan 16, 2011
- Salman's fans have given him the best Eidi: Sohail Khan - Aug 17, 2012
- No movie theatres, but filmmaking a passion for these Saudis (With Image) - Apr 18, 2012
- Celebrity Cricket League unites Indian film industry: Sohail (With Images) - Jan 03, 2012
- Many big heroes refused to work with me: Mumtaz (Interview Part 2) - Jul 31, 2012
- Ghai celebrates Indian movie centenary with Cinema 100 - Jun 01, 2012
- Jackie makes cameo appearance in Rajini film - Feb 03, 2012
- Preview of Hostel: Raises Ragging Issue In Educational Institutions - Dec 30, 2010
- 'Hostel', a film on horrors of ragging - Dec 19, 2010
- Zayed had to scold me on the sets to calm me down: Dia Mirza - Jun 02, 2011
- Shame Shame puppy shame Vatsal! - Sep 16, 2009
- Salim Khan turns script doctor for 'Sher Khan' - Jun 17, 2012
- I hated Parineeti during our training days : Arjun Kapoor - Jul 20, 2012