After films, Indian TV show to be shot in SwitzerlandApril 19th, 2011 - 8:39 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 19 (IANS) After filmmakers, television producers have taken a fancy to Switzerland. Star Plus has tied up with Switzerland Tourism to shoot a few special episodes of its show “Saath Nibhaana Saathiya” in the picturesque Swiss landscapes.
“It’s a great opportunity to bring dream destinations like Switzerland closer to our viewers who otherwise would catch only glimpses in big Bollywood movies. We are confident that our viewers will have a joyride with their favourite parivaar from Star Plus,” Suzana Ghai, head of fiction - Programming, Star Plus, said in a press statement.
Switzerland Tourism is more than happy with the boost in tourism thanks to Indian films, and now the small screen.
“Promoting Switzerland through films was always very successful for us and we see the same potential in working with the TV medium. By having a shoot in Switzerland of such a popular soap like ‘Saath Nibhaana Saathiya’, we get a chance to bring Switzerland’s beauty directly to people’s homes and, therefore, their hearts,” said Michael Maeder, managing director, Switzerland Tourism, India.
The channel will shoot week-long content for the show between April 20-28. The cast and crew will shoot at locations like Lake Geneva region, Ticino and Lucerne.
Actress Jiaa Manek, who plays Gopi, is extremely excited.
“When we heard the news, we thought that the creative team was playing a prank on us, but were ecstatic when we learnt that we will be actually travelling. I am really looking forward to it and am sure that all of us will have a great time,” she said.
- No ill feelings for Star Plus or '...Saathiya' team: Giaa Manek - Jun 15, 2012
- Dhanush to perform 'Kolaveri di' live in Mumbai - Dec 17, 2011
- Now TV serials shot in foreign shores - Jan 07, 2012
- Gopi Bahu turns Jeannie for 'Jeannie Aur Juju' (With Image) - Aug 29, 2012
- Giaa Manek out of 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 5' - Aug 18, 2012
- 'Indian, Chinese tourists prefer Switzerland' - Jan 17, 2011
- Special 3D stage highlight of Star Parivaar Awards - Mar 10, 2012
- Akshay Sethi's Career Moves - Aug 17, 2010
- 'Year of Water' to greet Indian tourists in Switzerland - Jan 24, 2012
- After Giaa's exit, Mohammad Nazim working harder - Jul 30, 2012
- Regional flavours on tube; Gujarati shows dominate - Mar 29, 2012
- Event Pictures: Star Plus Serial-"Saath Nibaana Saathiya" Highest TRP ... - Nov 15, 2010
- Macau to host Star Parivaar Awards - Feb 17, 2011
- Star-studded 'Jhalak...' opener promises dance, drama galore - Jun 17, 2012
- Yash Raj Films to offer 'YRF Enchanted Journey' in Switzerland - Jan 14, 2010
Tags: bollywood movies, cast and crew, creative team, dream destinations, ghai, glimpses, indian films, indian tv, joyride, lake geneva region, maeder, manek, programming star, saathiya, suzana, swiss landscapes, switzerland tourism, television producers, ticino, tourism india