After acne, Diaz now battling psoriasisJune 25th, 2009 - 2:41 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, June 25 (ANI): After battling acne for years, Cameron Diaz has yet another skin condition to deal with.
The movie beauty has a nasty case of psoriasis just below her right elbow - and the itch is known as ‘heartbreak’ by skin doctors, because it doesn’t clear easily and can come back.
Psoriasis is a pesky form of non-contagious inflammation.
Diaz dared to bare her arms as she unveiled her star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on Monday and onlookers could clearly make out the mark on the actress’ sleeve.
Celebrity skin expert Dr. Vail Reese has been scrutinising the actress’ scabs and pimples for years and he insists the ringworm on her arm is just the latest in a long line of pigment problems for the actress.
“After battling acne for years, yet another skin condition to deal with! She has also suffered with facial pigmentation issues and sun overexposure,” Contactmusic quoted Reese as saying.
“Though she is not my patient, it looks she has a form of psoriasis, that’s showing some clearance in the center portion.
“Treatment for small areas involves prescription topical cortisone creams and vitamin D creams. Extensive psoriasis can be treated with injectable anti-inflammatory medicines called biologics. Since they suppress the immune system and can increase the risk of infections, those tend to be reserved for wider areas,” he added. (ANI)
- Cameron Diaz suffering from psoriasis? - Jun 26, 2009
- Kim Kardashian suffers from psoriasis - Jul 25, 2011
- Pimples? Go for garlic juice or chemical peels - May 18, 2011
- Beat the summer - sleep well, eat well for glowing skin - Apr 18, 2012
- Salma Hayek opens up about acne trouble - Apr 01, 2012
- Seaweed extract can kill pimples - Sep 05, 2010
- Dad's demise brings Diaz, Paltrow closer - May 01, 2012
- How to keep your skin glowing during monsoon - Jul 04, 2012
- Turmeric - Thandie Newton's beauty secret - Feb 22, 2012
- Major shift in understanding how eczema develops - Dec 18, 2010
- Beyonce emerges with bleach-blonde hair, fairer looking skin - Feb 17, 2011
- Want to get rid of acne? Change your lifestyle - Oct 06, 2010
- Love to scratch your back? Here's why - Jan 29, 2012
- Witherspoon gives up snakeskin bag - Nov 05, 2011
- Make Up Kit For Teenagers: Bare Essentials - Jan 20, 2011
Tags: anti inflammatory medicines, cameron diaz, celebrity skin, center portion, cortisone, cortisone creams, heartbreak, hollywood walk of fame, nasty case, onlookers, pimples, psoriasis, ringworm, scabs, skin condition, skin doctors, sun overexposure, vail reese, vitamin d, walk of fame