Aftab grateful to Shah Rukh for helping with ‘Aao Wish Karein’November 16th, 2009 - 2:17 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Nov 16 (IANS) Aftab Shivdasani, who has turned producer with his just-released “Aao Wish Karein”, says he is grateful to superstar Shah Rukh Khan for having lent his voice to promote the fairytale love story.
“I was looking for a very popular voice… which people can easily recognise and could think only of Shah Rukh. He readily agreed to lend his voice and I am thankful to him for that,” Aftab told IANS.
He admits that a producer’s job is more difficult than an actor’s, having experienced both sides now.
“This is my debut production, and I found that a producer’s job is tougher than that of an actor,” Aftab said.
“While doing other films I had to concentrate only on acting, but in this case I had to be multi-tasking, which became tough at times,” he added.
“Aao Wish Karein” is like a fairytale where a child’s life gets transformed after his wish to be a grown-up actually materialises, said Aftab.
“It’s a very positive story about hopes, imagination, wishes and miracles,” he added.
“‘Aao Wish Karein’ is a full-fledged entertainment which a family can enjoy together,” he said.
Directed by Glenn Baretto, Aftab and Aamna Shariff play the lead roles in the film.
Aamna, who became a household name after featuring in popular daily soap “Kahiin To Hoga”, forayed into Bollywood earlier this year with “Aloo Chaat”, in which she also paired opposite Aftab. The two are rumoured to be dating each other now.
“Aao Wish Karein” is Aftab’s fifth film this year after “Daddy Cool”, “Aloo Chat”, “Kambakkht Ishq” and “Acid Factory”.
While he played Akshay Kumar’s brother in “Kambakkht Ishq”, the other films turned out to be duds. Aftab is, however, optimistic about his debut production.
“This is a very sweet and simple romantic fairytale and I am sure people will enjoy watching the film,” Aftab said.
- Movie Review : Aao Wish Karein (2009) - Nov 13, 2009
- I share a higher level of comfort with Aftab now: Aamna Sharif - Nov 10, 2009
- 'Aao Wish Karein' - a sweet, simple romantic tale (Hindi Film Review - Ratings: ***) - Nov 13, 2009
- Aamna Sharif back on small screen (With Images) - Aug 09, 2012
- Aftab Shivdasani garners praise for Aao Wish Karein - Nov 09, 2009
- People worked on my looks for months: Aamna Sharif (With Images) - Sep 07, 2012
- SRK apologises to 'Always Kabhi Kabhi' cast (Movie Snippets) - Jun 18, 2011
- 'Shanghai' music rooted in Indian street music: Composer - Jun 10, 2012
- Aftab Shivdasani celebrates birthday with Aamna Sharif - Jul 03, 2009
- Aamna and Aftab's starry ways. - Mar 21, 2009
- 'Shakal Pe Mat Ja' a tale of mistaken identities (IANS Preview) - Nov 14, 2011
- Gul still fits into 10-year-old jeans (Movie Snippets) - Dec 29, 2010
- Production was always on my mind: Hrishitaa Bhatt - Nov 05, 2011
- "ALOO CHAAT doesn't move without Linda's character" - Aftab Shivdasani - Mar 17, 2009
- Comedy isn't my favourite genre: Aftab Shivdasani - Feb 13, 2009
Tags: aftab shivdasani, akshay kumar, aloo chat, bollywood, brother, chaat, daily soap, debut production, duds, fifth film, films, household name, imagination, ishq, lent, love story, miracles, multi tasking, mumbai, shah rukh khan