African, South American films at kids festOctober 21st, 2011 - 9:12 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 21 (IANS) Films from Africa and South America will be screened at the 17th International Children’s Film Festival to be held Nov 14-20 in Hyderabad.
“We received 741 films from various countries of which 160 films from 40 countries will be screened along with our Indian films,” actress Nandita Das, chairperson of the Children’s Film Society, told reporters here Friday.
“The festival features films from China, Iran, Denmark and the Netherlands. For the first time, children’s films from South America and Africa would be screened,” she added.
The organisers have also introduced a new category called ‘Little Directors’ in which films made by children will be screened.
“We have also kept various workshops on script writing, acting and animation for kids where they can learn about filmmaking,” Das added.
The Children’s Film Society has roped in filmmaker and music composer Vishal Bhardwaj, eminent lyricist Gulzar and veteran actor Mohan Agashe to be a part of their executive panel.
Sushovan Bannerjee, CEO, Children’s Film Society, India added: “We have also increased the number of screens this time from 12 to 15.”
- India's largest kids film fest closes with a bang - Nov 20, 2011
- Working in 55-year-old government structure not easy: Nandita - Jan 10, 2012
- Why can't Imtiaz make a children's movie? - Jul 19, 2012
- India's biggest ever children's film festival gets underway - Nov 15, 2011
- Family fare pushing out children's films: Nandita Das - Oct 20, 2011
- Children's film festival off to colourful start - Nov 14, 2009
- Not many interested in making children's films: Nandita Das - Nov 04, 2009
- Nandita Das upset as Firaaq was not exploited professionally - Dec 14, 2009
- Gulzar to get lifetime award at Mumbai film fest - Sep 20, 2011
- 'I AM' heads for Kandy film fest - Jun 19, 2011
- I'm not doing 'Midnight's Children': Nandita Das - Feb 24, 2011
- Rebirth of children's film society - Nov 19, 2011
- 70 films to be screened at children's cine festival - Oct 31, 2009
- 'Stanley Ka Dabba' goes globe trotting - Oct 23, 2011
- Panels formed to raise profile of National Film Awards, IFFI - Dec 10, 2009
Tags: american films, chairperson, executive panel, features films, festival features, film society, filmmaker, filmmaking, gulzar, hyderabad, indian films, kids fest, lyricist, mohan agashe, music composer, new category, organisers, script writing, time children, veteran actor