AFI Lifetime Award For Morgan FreemanOctober 12th, 2010 - 10:14 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
October 12, 2010 (Sampurn Wire): Morgan Freeman, the Hollywood actor, will receive the lifetime achievement award from the American
Film Institute this year, said a report from the AFI, which also describes the actor as an ‘American treasure’. Morgan Freeman has an illustrious career spanning 40 years, with films such as “Million Dollar Baby” and “Driving Miss Daisy” to his credit. Though the actor has remained absent from the big screen since his “Invictus:” released last year, who can ever forget the powerful performances that Freeman put up on screen and on stage.
It is true that Morgan Freeman is probably an actor who has portrayed such a variety of roles onscreen in his 40 year old brush with cinema. Ranging from a prisoner, to a president and even a god, Morgan Freeman has proved that he can perform to any role with equal élan. Hence the title ‘American treasure’ is befitting of him, says Sir Howard Stringer, the chairman of the AFI board of trustees.
The 73 year old Freeman is probably as much known for the films that he is a part of as he is known for his deep voice. While the characters he portrays onscreen does appeal to the viewers, it is his mellow voice that the audience mostly remember while thinking about the great actor.
The AFI award will be presented to Morgan Freeman next year June at a gala dinner hosted by the AFI. Freeman now joins a league of actors like Al Pacino, Meryl Streep, Clint Eastwood, Gene Kelly and Alfred Hitchcock, all of whom received the AFI award since it was introduced in the year 1973.
– Sampurn Wire
- Morgan Freeman to get lifetime achievement award - Oct 13, 2010
- Freeman to be honoured with AFI lifetime achievement award - Oct 12, 2010
- Golden Globe: Morgan Freeman honoured with DeMille award - Jan 16, 2012
- Morgan Freeman to be guest of honour at Sarajevo Film Festival - Jun 23, 2010
- Robert De Niro receives lifetime achievement award - Feb 18, 2010
- Freeman to receive lifetime achievement award - Nov 11, 2011
- 'M*A*S*H' star Harry Morgan dies in California - Dec 08, 2011
- Matt Damon not afraid of ageing - Jan 16, 2011
- Anthony Hopkins Might Enact The Role Of Alfred Hitchcock - Jan 25, 2011
- Morgan Freeman says award nominations have done nothing for his career - Jan 27, 2010
- John Travolta faces the public for the first time since his scandal - Jun 08, 2012
- I have been preparing to play Mandela for years: Freeman - Dec 06, 2009
- Ernest Borgnine Honored With SAG Lifetime Achievement Award - Jan 31, 2011
- Mulitipe Stars To Be Awarded At Hollywood Awards Gala Awards - Oct 08, 2010
- Morgan Freeman as Nelson Mandela in 'Invictus' - Dec 13, 2009
Tags: afi award, alfred hitchcock, american film institute, american treasure, clint eastwood, driving miss daisy, gala dinner, gene kelly, great actor, hollywood actor, illustrious career, invictus, lifetime achievement award, lifetime award, mellow voice, meryl streep, meryl streep clint eastwood, million dollar baby, morgan freeman, sir howard stringer