Affleck hated growing hair for ‘Argo’September 11th, 2012 - 6:53 pm ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, Sep 11 (IANS) Actor Ben Affleck says he did not like growing his hair for his role in the upcoming movie “Argo”.
“I hated it. But I had to grow out this kind of Davy Jones, sort of Barry Gibb thing that I had on my head. I knew I was going to be doing the movie fair enough in advance that I could grow it out,” flicksandbits.com quoted Affleck as saying.
However, the 40-year-old was surprised how the rest of the cast also changed their looks for the movie, without bothering about looking good.
“Everybody really went for it, there was no vanity with the actors - Rory Cochrane with his moustache and his wig, and everybody else with the moustache and the glasses, there was no, ‘No, I gotta look good in the movie’. It was all, ‘How much can I look like the real people’,” he said.
The movie is based on Central Intelligence Agency officer Tony Mendez’s account of how some US officials in Tehran, Iran were rescued. Affleck plays the lead role.
- Damon wanted Affeck's 'Argo' role - Oct 16, 2011
- Ben Affleck in 'The Great Gatsby'? - Apr 11, 2011
- Ben Affleck to direct 'Justice League' - Aug 09, 2012
- Affleck to direct Clooney movie? - Feb 08, 2011
- Emma Stone to play drug dealer - Jan 07, 2012
- A twirl, a shine...moustache magic in Bollywood - Mar 31, 2011
- Affleck, Damon team up for gangster biopic - Oct 26, 2011
- Jude Law prefers buying classic items - May 05, 2012
- Jon Hamm envious of Ben Affleck's Physique - Sep 15, 2010
- Wearing wig not enjoyable for Pattinson - Jul 17, 2012
Tags: actors, argo, barry gibb, ben affleck, central intelligence agency, davy jones, glasses, growing hair, lead role, moustache, real people, rory cochrane, sep 11, tehran iran, tony mendez, vanity, wig