Aerosmith to hold free Hawaii concert to placate angry fansApril 28th, 2009 - 5:06 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr 28 (ANI): American hard rock band Aerosmith are to hold a free concert in Hawaii to appease angry fans who brought a legal case against them.
The band had two years ago cancelled a sold-out show in Maui, and angered fans, who had doled out money for the concert, filed a class action case against them.
The case claimed that the band had pulled out in favour of a bigger gig in Chicago and a private show for car dealers in Oahu, and now lawyers have said that Aerosmith has agreed to perform and to pay all expenses.
“Everyone who bought a ticket to the original concert will receive a free ticket, and all out-of-pocket expenses will be reimbursed regardless of the amount,” the BBC quoted Brandee Faria as saying.
Aerosmith’s lawyer, Jay Handlin, has revealed that the band is happy to have reached a settlement.
“The band is about the music,” he said.
“So they are glad to be able to resolve this in a way that really focuses on connecting or reconnecting the people of Hawaii with the band and its music,” he added.
No date has been set for the rescheduled gig, but it is likely to take place as part of the band’s recently announced North American tour. (ANI)
- Britney Spears fan dies in Dublin after fall from stage - Oct 25, 2011
- Metallica planned loud, explosive treat for fans - Oct 29, 2011
- Black Eyed Peas to play free concert in NY in June - May 03, 2011
- No Rolling Stones at London Olympics (Lead) - Feb 11, 2012
- Lady Gaga to perform in Russia - Aug 28, 2012
- Metallica show cancellation 'epic failure', say upset fans - Oct 29, 2011
- Bangalore rocks to Metallica despite rains - Oct 31, 2011
- No Rolling Stones show at London Olympics - Feb 11, 2012
- Lindsay Lohan wants to date Guy Berryman - Aug 11, 2011
- Indian music speaks to soul: rock icon Steven Tyler (Interview) - May 21, 2011
- Metallica concert postponed, disheartened fans go on rampage - Oct 29, 2011
- Aerosmith sued over cancelled Canada tour - Jun 11, 2010
- Steve Tyler gets new teeth after shower accident - Oct 27, 2011
- DJ Fatboy Slim enthralls Gurgaon - May 06, 2012
- Madonna broke 'gay propaganda' law: Russian official - Aug 11, 2012
Tags: aerosmith, angry fans, band aerosmith, bbc, car dealers, class action case, faria, favour, free hawaii, free ticket, gig, handlin, hard rock band, hawaii concert, lawyer, legal case, maui, oahu, pocket expenses, private show