Adlabs Films posts 217 percent revenue growth in first quarterAugust 2nd, 2008 - 3:49 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 2 (IANS) Indian entertainment major Adlabs Films Ltd, a company of the Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group (ADAG), has announced a 217 percent growth in its consolidated revenue to Rs.2.54 billion in the first quarter of the current fiscal ending June this year. For the first time, the company has included its revenues from radio business in its financial statement, it said. The radio business contributed Rs.510 million during the quarter, a company statement said.
Its cinema division grew by 184 percent, contributing Rs.780 million. The Film processing and services division also recorded a 45 percent increase to Rs.300 million.
While the film production and distribution division logged a revenue growth of 372 percent to Rs.530 million, it was the company’s television business, Synergy Adlabs, which posted a major revenue increase, as much as 727 percent, to contribute Rs.170 million in the quarter under review.
Salman Khan-hosted reality show, “Dus Ka Dum,” is Synergy Adlabs’ latest production which is currently on show on Indian television.
A good part of the revenue of the film distribution division came from Ram Gopal Varma’s Amitabh Bachchan starrer, “Sarkar Raj”, the release said, adding that the division will show better results in the second quarter as the company is poised to release the much-awaited movie, “Sing is Kinng”, a Vipul Shah production, starring Akshay Kumar and Katrina Kaif.
- Reliance Broadcast Network quarterly revenue rises 55 percent - Aug 16, 2011
- Adlabs posts 49 percent revenue growth - Oct 26, 2008
- Wipro's IT outlook remains flat on marginal growth (Lead) - Jan 20, 2012
- Reliance Infra quarterly net profit rises 8 percent - Aug 11, 2011
- Adlabs Films revenue up 61 percent - Jan 31, 2009
- Global uncertainty not affecting IT industry: Premji (Second Lead) - Jan 20, 2012
- Sun TV to monetise viewership of kids and comedy channels - Jul 28, 2010
- Reliance Broadcast to focus on radio, TV to spur growth - Jun 29, 2011
- Media, entertainment industry grew 12 percent in 2011 to Rs.729 bn - Mar 11, 2012
- Infotech's revenues up by 30 percent - Apr 18, 2012
- Wage hike dips Wipro net, projects flat growth - Jul 20, 2011
- Wipro outlook cautious on flat growth (Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
- Panasonic India eyes Rs.25,000 crore turnover by 2015 - Jun 25, 2012
- Sun TV to invest Rs.100 crore in 2010-11 - May 28, 2010
- Wipro battles to grow in volatile market (Lead) - Jul 24, 2012
Tags: adag, adlabs films ltd, akshay kumar, amitabh bachchan, anil dhirubhai ambani group, consolidated revenue, distribution division, film distribution, film processing, film production, indian entertainment, indian television, katrina kaif, radio business, ram gopal varma, rs 2, salman khan, sarkar raj, television business, vipul shah