Adlabs Films Is Driving Force In Global Exhibition and ProductionMay 18th, 2009 - 11:47 am ICT by Sampurn Wire
Cannes, May 15th, 2009: Adlabs Films Limited, an associate of the Reliance Big Entertainment company and member of the Reliance Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group, with business interests which cover film exhibition, television production, film and media services, has made huge strides in the digital world in the last six months, securing its position as India’s fastest growing film and entertainment services company.
In line with parent company, Reliance Big Entertainment’s overall strategy to be an international premium entertainment brand, delivering entertainment both in and out of the home, Adlabs is a part of cementing that vision, having acquired and further developed, Lowry Digital, based in Los Angeles, taking the company global.
One of its key initiatives is “digital first’. Adlabs is digitally distributing films in 2K formats via international optical fibre communication to be exhibited on its 2K digital BIG Cinema screens across the globe. Adlabs has already successfully “delivered’ the highly successful “GHAJINI” digitally to its New York flagship cinema. It is also looking at developing and rolling out 4K.
Meanwhile, parent company, Reliance Big Entertainment announced at the Cannes Film Festival yesterday, specific development details of its Creative Partnership deals which are taking the company well into the realms of Hollywood.
Amit Khanna, Reliance Big Entertainment Chairman, said: “Our overall strategy has always been to build a leadership position in entertainment, not just in India but across the globe. While BIG Pictures is important in creating and selling commercially successful provocative world cinema content, Adlabs Films is committed to creating collaborative services and platforms making huge technological advancements – recognized most recently by securing the contract to restore 1000 films from the National Archive of India.”
Anil Arjun, CEO, Adlabs Films, said: “We realize that consumers’ lifestyles have changed and in order to grow, the entertainment industry must evolve to newer formats of entertainment which are in sync with the consumer’s needs. We are committed to being leaders in the digital arena and with our ambitious growth strategy we are looking forward to the next twelve months and announcing more “DIGITAL FIRSTS’.”
- Reliance MediaWorks in expansion mode with south India focus - Feb 01, 2012
- Anil Ambani firm helping restore Moon Mission footage - Jul 17, 2009
- Reliance Mediaworks' image-processing technique bags Oscar - Jan 09, 2012
- Star Hrithik Roshan takes guided tour of newly opened BIG Cinemas Manhattan - May 17, 2010
- With Hollywood ties, Reliance MediaWorks expands 3D capabilities - Aug 26, 2010
- Reliance Mediaworks' Restoration Of 1984's Khandahar premieres in Cannes Classic 2010 Cannes - May 15, 2010
- Adlabs Films to be Reliance MediaWorks - Sep 04, 2009
- 'Avatar' producer lauds Reliance MediaWorks for its Oscar - Mar 09, 2010
- 'Avatar' producer lauds Reliance MediaWorks (Superseeding earlier story) - Mar 09, 2010
- Reliance MediaWorks acquires British film processing firm - Jan 07, 2010
- Reliance Mediaworks offers 3D conversion, 'Don 2' first project - Oct 31, 2011
- BIG Cinemas announces Fans Choice Awards - Feb 01, 2011
- Adlabs Films now re-named Reliance MediaWorks - Oct 07, 2009
- Reliance MediaWorks to provide digital video library - Oct 01, 2011
- Anil Ambani firm enters media outsourcing business - May 07, 2009
Tags: adlabs films, amit khanna, cannes film festival, cinema screens, collaborative services, creative partnership, delivering entertainment, development details, entertainment chairman, film exhibition, flagship cinema, global exhibition, leadership position, lowry digital, national archive, partnership deals, production film, provocative world, reliance anil dhirubhai ambani group, world cinema