Aditya Chopra not directing ‘Dhoom 3′November 19th, 2010 - 9:04 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Nov 19 (IANS) Dismissing reports that Aditya Chopra will direct “Dhoom 3″, a representative from Yash Raj Films said that the news is “utterly astonishing and nonsensical”.
“The least one expects is that news to be checked with us before going to print, it is utterly astonishing and nonsensical that despite a clear SMS, as well as a personal phone call, denying that the story was untrue, an irresponsible journalist still chose to carry a fabricated concoction in this morning’s (Friday) Mumbai Mirror titled - Aditya Chopra to direct Dhoom 3′ and that Shah Rukh Khan is playing a pivotal role in the movie.”
“And that too by choosing to start the article by saying ‘It’s official now!’ One can only presume that it’s for the sake of occupying newsprint space,” Rafiq Gangjee, vice president of marketing & communications at YRF, said in a press statement.
“It is really sad that we have to comment on articles like this time after time. But we do so only to request all responsible media friends to refrain from giving any credibility to this story and not carrying it further,” said.
“Dhoom” series from the Yash Raj banner has been a big hit. The original, which was directed by Sanjay Gadhvi and featured Abhishek Bachchan, Uday Chopra, John Abraham, hit the screens in 2004.
Two years later came the second instalment of the film. Gadhvi once again wielded the megaphone for “Dhoom 2″ and Hrithik Roshan, Abhishek, Aishwarya Rai, Bipasha Basu and Uday starrer hit the jackpot at the box office.
- No Rajnikanth in 'Dhoom 3': YRF - Nov 01, 2010
- No delay in 'Dhoom: 3': YRF - Mar 27, 2012
- 'Dhoom 3' first Bollywood film to release in IMAX - Sep 21, 2012
- Pritish Nandy calls Emraan 'special actor' (Movie Snippets) - Jun 08, 2012
- Katrina Kaif to raise oomph in 'Dhoom: 3' - Sep 23, 2011
- Will Shah Rukh Khan Say Yes To Dhoom 3? - Nov 22, 2010
- YRF hunts for fresh female lead in 'Dhoom 3' - Apr 28, 2011
- 'Dhoom' great franchise to be part of, says 'villain' Aamir - Feb 03, 2011
- Uday Chopra calls big brother 'Voldemort' - Dec 28, 2011
- Pritam to compose for 'Dhoom 3' - Feb 14, 2011
- 'Dhoom 3' on the way: Abhishek Bachchan - Jun 10, 2010
- 'Dhoom 3' release shifted to 2013 - Oct 17, 2011
- 'Band Baaja Baaraat' not funded by debutant's father: YRF - Nov 01, 2010
- Aamir Khan opts for simple look in 'Dhoom 3' - Jul 11, 2012
- YRF goes international, launches company in Hollywood - Nov 23, 2011
Tags: abhishek aishwarya rai, abhishek bachchan, aishwarya rai, bipasha basu, concoction, dhoom 2, dhoom 3, hrithik roshan, instalment, john abraham, marketing communications, megaphone, newsprint, personal phone, pivotal role, sanjay gadhvi, shah rukh khan, time after time, uday chopra, yash raj films