Adele declines Winehouse tribute showJuly 20th, 2012 - 2:54 am ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, July 20 (IANS) Singer Adele has turned down an offer to perform in an Amy Winehouse tribute show as she still had not come to terms with Winehouse’ death.
Singer George Michael said Adele has turned down his offer.
Adele was still shocked with the death of Winehouse, who died because of alcohol poisoning in 2011, contactmusic.com quoted the 49-year-old singer as saying.
“We communicated by email… and initially what I wanted was for us to sing ‘Love is a losing game’ by Amy Winehouse at the Elizabeth Taylor tribute I did at Covent Garden,” Michael said on a radio show in London.
“She told me that she tried to put one of (Winehouse’s) songs in her own set and she couldn’t even get through it. I think they knew each other from the Brits School.
“They’re obviously musical goddesses but I think the tragedy would have been too much for her,” he added.
Michael says he would love to do a track with the 24-year-old.
- Winehouse reincarnated as butterfly, believes mom - Jul 10, 2012
- Amy was too young to die, says goddaughter - Jul 24, 2012
- Gaga couldn't talk for two days after Amy's death - Aug 02, 2011
- Smith pens tribute song for Winehouse - Jan 04, 2012
- Dion blames showbiz drug culture for Houston's death - Mar 05, 2012
- Amy's death is a lesson: Gaga - Jul 27, 2011
- Winehouse's Camden house up for sale - May 31, 2012
- MTV to have a special Amy Winehouse concert - Jul 27, 2011
- Adele's '21' world's biggest-selling album - May 16, 2012
- Pete Doherty haunted by Amy Winehouse's ghost - Nov 15, 2011
- Dannii Minogue wants to design for Adele - Mar 27, 2012
- Celebs mourn 'incredible talent' Amy Winehouse's death - Jul 24, 2011
- Winehouse haunting Pete Doherty! - Nov 16, 2011
- Kelly Osbourne sports beehive hairdo at Amy Winehouse's funeral - Jul 26, 2011
- Seal regrets not meeting Winehouse - Nov 06, 2011
Tags: adele, alcohol poisoning, amy winehouse, brits school, covent garden, elizabeth taylor, elizabeth taylor tribute, email, goddesses, london, love is a losing game, radio show, singer george michael, tragedy