Adele Britain’s richest young musicianApril 13th, 2012 - 12:06 am ICT by IANS
London, April 12 (IANS) Singer Adele’s wealth has tripled in the past year to 20 million pounds after huge sales of her album, “21″.
The 23-year-old has risen to the top of the Sunday Times’ Rich List after “21″ sold 20 million copies worldwide, reports thesun.co.uk.
“Adele’s been the success story of the past year by a mile. You only get an Adele once every 10 years. It’s success on a enormous scale,” said Steve Redmond, of the Entertainment Retailers Association.
Cheryl Cole, Leona Lewis and Katie Melua are all in second place with a fortune of 12 million pounds for each, while Jessie J has made her debut appearance on the list with an impressive 5 million pounds.
- Charlotte Church, Leona Lewis top young music millionaires' list - Apr 23, 2010
- Radcliffe, Watson, make it to top 20 young millionaires list - Apr 25, 2010
- Jessie J wants to work with female artist now - May 16, 2011
- New man in Cole's life - Aug 16, 2012
- Cheryl's 10 mn pounds worth of demands from Ashley - Jul 07, 2011
- Jessie J to write autobiography - Mar 15, 2012
- Adele's eco-friendly home - Apr 13, 2012
- Emeli Sande is back on the No. 1 spot with 'Our Version of Events' - May 28, 2012
- My perfect woman would be mix of Cheryl, Katy: Justin Bieber - Aug 12, 2010
- Jessie J scared of crazy fan - Apr 01, 2012
- Cheryl Cole dating "X-Factor" dancer ? - Aug 19, 2012
- Katie Price loves making money - Jul 19, 2012
- Adele records nursery rhymes album for baby - Jul 08, 2012
- Cheryl Cole 'Dating Dancer from the X Factor' - Aug 16, 2012
- Cheryl is fourth richest young musician - Apr 24, 2010
Tags: 10 years, 5 million, adele, cheryl cole, debut appearance, enormous scale, fortune, jessie j, katie melua, leona lewis, london, musician, retailers association, success story, sunday times rich list, times rich list, worldwide reports