Adele Adkins beats Lady Gaga to top spot, matches Beatles recordFebruary 21st, 2011 - 1:18 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 21 (ANI): Following her scintillating performance at the Brit Awards last week, Adele Adkins has topped the UK charts after beating Lady Gaga to the No.1 slot with her latest single ‘Someone Like You’.
The London-born 22-year-old star Adkins has become the first living artist since the Beatles to have two top-five singles and two top-five albums in the same week, reports the Daily Mail.
Her debut album, ‘19′, moved up from six to four, and her other single Rolling In The Deep from five to four.
In January 1964 The Beatles’ ‘I Want To Hold Your Hand’ and ‘She Loves You’ were numbers two and five, and the albums With ‘The Beatles’ and ‘Please Please Me’ were at one and two.
Martin Talbot, managing director, Official Charts Company, said: “It is a fantastic week for both Adele and the Brits. For Adele to match a record of the Beatles is an extraordinary,historic achievement.” (ANI)
- Adele matches Madonna's UK album record - Mar 29, 2011
- Nicole Scherzinger topples Adele from top of UK singles chart - Mar 21, 2011
- Gaga continues to top British charts - Jun 07, 2011
- Bruno Mars Lands A Double Whammy With Single And Album Chart List - Jan 24, 2011
- Justin Bieber pushed to number two by Adele's '21' - Mar 04, 2011
- Adele deserved every award: Gaga - Feb 14, 2012
- Adele's '21' world's biggest-selling album - May 16, 2012
- Foo Fighters' "Wasting Light" tops the charts - Apr 21, 2011
- Emeli Sande is back on the No. 1 spot with 'Our Version of Events' - May 28, 2012
- Adele wins top honours at Grammy - Feb 13, 2012
- Adele reschedules her tour dates - Jun 24, 2011
- Lady Gaga back to number one in UK albums chart - Apr 12, 2010
- Taylor Swift beats Lady Gaga record and sets new iTunes Record - Aug 15, 2012
- Rihanna sets new record in UK chart history with 5th No. 1‎ - Jan 10, 2011
- Dizzee Rascal's 'Dirtee Disco' tops UK singles charts - May 31, 2010