Adam Sandler vows never to do stand-upMay 30th, 2009 - 2:13 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, May 30 (ANI): Adam Sandler has pledged that he would never perform stand-up comedy again, after he played a comic in new movie ‘Funny People’.
The actor began his career at comedy clubs while studying at New York University and was eventually spotted by a talent scout, before being hired as a writer on hit U.S. satirical show ‘Saturday Night Live’.
The star later abandoned stand-up as his movie career took off, but returned to his performing roots with a role in Judd Apatow’s new film, in which he plays a stand-up comedian.
The funnyman had to face live audience during the shoot and Sander has confessed that the experience has put him off comedy routines for life.
“Adam hadn’t done stand-up comedy for 12 years. We arrived unannounced at a lot of clubs around town and I remember we were driving to one place and he just said, ‘This is exactly why I don’t do this - I so do not want to do this!’” Contactmusic quoted Apatow as telling Empire magazine.
And the moviemaker is not quite happy with his pal’s decision, because he is convinced Sandler is a brilliant performer.
Apatow added: “Adam was one of the best stand-ups around. He has this gift that no one remembers. He killed (was brilliant).”
‘Funny People’ is scheduled to hit big screens later this year (09). (ANI)
- Adam Sandler vows not to perform stand-up comedy - May 30, 2009
- Adam Sandler felt 'dirty' telling raunchy jokes in new film - Aug 25, 2009
- Seth Rogen Not Sad About This "Loss" - Aug 02, 2009
- Singer Eminem lands movie role - Jul 06, 2009
- Spears wants to do film for Pillips, Apatow - Feb 12, 2011
- 'Funny People' tops American box offices - Aug 03, 2009
- Rogen unsure about his role in 'Knocked Up' - Jan 11, 2011
- Shooting serious scenes difficult for Sandler - Aug 26, 2009
- Reality shows are scripted, says comedian Vir Das (Lead) - Dec 28, 2010
- Chunky enjoys humour connect with young fans - Jul 26, 2012
- Before 'Bridesmaids', Wiig was clueless about screenwriting - Jun 20, 2011
- Aziz Ansari is the next big thing: Forbes - Jul 06, 2010
- Have to be smart in role selection: Vir Das - Jul 09, 2011
- Movie Review - Grown Ups (2010) - Aug 14, 2010
- Jack And Jill - Come Tumbling From The Hill(IANS Movie Review -Rating:*1/2) - Nov 26, 2011
Tags: adam sandler, brilliant performer, comedy clubs, comedy routines, comic, contactmusic, empire magazine, funnyman, hadn, judd apatow, moviemaker, new film, new york university, saturday night live, screens, stand up comedian, stand up comedy, stand ups, talent scout, ups