Adam Lambert sang “Feeling Good” for Rat Pack theme for American IdolApril 29th, 2009 - 11:36 pm ICT by GD
On Tuesday night, 28th of April, the American Idol contestants sang numbers that were made famous by the Rat Pack. The theme of last week’s Indian Idol session was disco and the next week’s theme will be ragtime hits. The organizers of American Idol surely know the right kind of music that will keep the audience hooked on to their seats. However, unlike last year’s format where the top 5 singers had to sing 2 numbers, in this season the contestants will just have to sing one song. The guest mentor of Tuesday’s show was none other than Jamie Foxx.
The first to perform was Kris Allen who sang “The Way You Look Tonight.” Though he looked nervous at the beginning, he improved himself through the song. Allison Iraheta came in second and she sang “Someone to Watch over Me.” Matt performed third with the song “My Funny Valentine”. Danny Gokey came in next singing “Come Rain or Come Shine.” And then it was time for Adam Lambert, the favorite of all the viewers. Adam Lambert sang “Feeling Good” and Jamie Foxx commented that it was “totally incredible”.
When Adam Lambert performed last it almost seemed as if the American Idol makers had saved the best for the last. Lambert received some of the best comments from the judges, Paula claimed that she was almost feeling that she was in the Olympics and Lambert was Michael Phelps. In fact, Lambert could even elicit great remarks from Simon who declared that Lambert was the “best entrance” they had this year.
- April 29 episode of American Idol was a shocker - Apr 30, 2009
- Quentin Tarantino Appears on American Idol - Apr 15, 2009
- Adam Lambert invited by Queen for performance - Feb 21, 2012
- Contestant Kris Allen shocks The American Idol - Feb 27, 2009
- American Idol: Danny Gokey & Results Revealed, 4 of 20 Go Home - Mar 05, 2010
- American Idol Recap - Apr 16, 2009
- American Idol Rocks to Elvis - Apr 15, 2010
- Dreams realized with American Idol - Mar 19, 2009
- American idol May 5 - May 06, 2009
- Anoop Desai and Lil Rounds eliminated from the American Idol - Apr 24, 2009
- Carlos Santana Comes to American Idol - May 22, 2009
- It is American Idol time again! The Top 3 - May 08, 2009
- April 1, American Idol Results - Apr 02, 2009
- Adam Lambert, The Mentor For American Idol Top Eight - Apr 07, 2010
- American Idol: Last 9 Perform : Tim, Lee, and Crystal Rock The Show - Apr 15, 2010
Tags: allison iraheta, american idol, american idol contestants, audience, disco, gokey, indian idol, jamie foxx, kind of music, kris, mentor, michael phelps, olympics, organizers, ragtime, rain, rat pack, singers, song my funny valentine, tuesday night