Actresses with kids don’t have to sit at home: LaraMay 15th, 2012 - 9:13 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 15 (IANS) Bollywood actress Lara Dutta feels that gone are the days when actresses’ career hit dead end once they became mothers. She says she will sign a film in a few days.
“I will be signing my next film in two-three days. It will be an easy role for me to jump back to. My own production will be later,” Lara told reporters Tuesday here at the launch of her DVD - Parental Yoga With Lara Dutta.
Lara, who wed ace tennis player Mahesh Bhupati in 2011, gave birth to her daugther Saira in January this year.
“So many actresses have become mothers. They have all taken their time to come back. So, I think this is an outdated concept that if someone has become a mother, so she will sit at home. I can’t wait to come back,” she said.
Determined to wear the grease paint and face the camera, again, Lara says she will pick her movie projects keeping in mind her daughter’s welfare.
“My film choices are obviously going to be dictated by Saira’s welfare. I am not going to do films which would require me to stay on the sets from morning to night or for multiple days in a row. So, I will pick my choices very carefully. I am excited with what’s coming my way already,” said the 34-year-old.
Lara informed the reporters that she would think about her next production venture in the second half of the year.
- Unconditional love for child makes you vulnerable: Lara - May 15, 2012
- 'Chalo Dilli' sequel? Not anytime soon, says Lara - Sep 01, 2012
- For baby, everything's on the backburner: Lara Dutta (Interview) - Sep 03, 2012
- Bollywood films, music Bhupathi's stress buster - Jul 13, 2012
- Lara won't return to a film set soon (Movie Snippets) - Apr 26, 2012
- I'm the proudest wife: Lara on Mahesh-Sania's win - Jun 08, 2012
- Lara in the family way, Abhishek wishes her - Aug 02, 2011
- It's been great since Dilip saab proposed: Saira Banu (Interview) - Aug 27, 2012
- Mahesh Bhupathi has fingers crossed for a daughter - Dec 13, 2011
- Dilip sahab greatest gift of my life: Saira Banu - Aug 23, 2012
- Movie promotions like election yatras, says SRK (Movie Snippets) - Dec 15, 2011
- Lara Dutta Soon To Launch Designer Shoe Line - Jan 25, 2011
- I'm definitely producing another film in May: Lara - Dec 29, 2011
- I love dancing: John Abraham (Movie Snippets) - Nov 19, 2011
- Lack of innocence in Hindi films worries Juhi (Movie Snippets) - Jul 19, 2012
Tags: ace, actress, actresses, coming my way, few days, film choices, films, grease paint, lara dutta, launch, mahesh bhupati, multiple days, mumbai, outdated concept, saira, second half, tennis player, welfare, yoga