Actresses can’t be best friends: Sameera ReddyApril 21st, 2012 - 7:27 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, April 21 (IANS) Bollywood beauty Sameera Reddy had no clash with Kangna Ranaut on the sets of their forthcoming film “Tezz”, but she says no two actresses can be best friends.
Asked if there were any cat fights on the set of “Tezz”, Sameera said: “Nothing like that happened.”
“I keep to myself a lot and I don’t get over-friendly. I don’t believe two actresses can be best friends. It’s an absolute myth. I will never say anybody is my friend! But we are absolutely good to each other,” she added.
In “Tezz”, directed by Priyadarshan, Sameera has tried her hand at action. She says the genre is scary.
“Action is not easy. It is scary and has been a real challenge. On the last day of the shooting, when I fell and got hurt, I didn’t tell my parents. I tried to keep quiet and not tell anyone, but everything came up in the media and my parents were like ‘please don’t do this’,” she said.
Besides some action, Sameera will also be seen riding a bike in the film.
“When I signed the film, I said I will do it. When the time came to perform action sequences, I said sorry sir I can’t do this. But then it happened with conviction. Now when I see the moments with the bike, I wonder how it happened,” the 29-year-old said.
Sameera says the crew took due safety measures for the bike scene in the film, which is to release April 27.
“The safety measures they took for me were commendable,” said Sameera, who is trying to strike a balance between her southern and Bollywood films.
“In south, when I lost weight, they got pissed with me. It is difficult to handle both the industries. South is my world. I always go with what I feel is right. They don’t like if I lose weight, they don’t like too much of exposure. I am lucky that I have this parallel life going on,” she said.
- Bollywood for newcomers, says Mohanlal - Apr 19, 2012
- I've no issues with Sameera Reddy: 'Tezz' producer - Apr 04, 2012
- Sameera is the hero of 'Tezz': Ajay Devgn (With Images) - Apr 15, 2012
- Two decades on, Ajay still wants to experiment - Apr 23, 2012
- 'Tezz': a slick action film with engaging thrills (IANS Hindi Film Review) - Apr 28, 2012
- I did 'Tezz' only for Priyan: Mohanlal - Apr 17, 2012
- Priyadarshan is very demanding: Zayed Khan - Apr 20, 2012
- 'Laila' wasn't for me: Sameera Reddy - Apr 21, 2012
- Ajay tells Anil who's 'Tezz' on F1 track - Apr 24, 2012
- Good to maintain gap between similar films: Anil - Apr 23, 2012
- Bollywood in action: Death spotlights safety measures - Apr 14, 2012
- Watch 'Tezz' for fast paced action (IANS Preview) - Apr 24, 2012
- Abhay learns Tamil for 'Shanghai' (Movie Snippets) - Apr 16, 2012
- Priyadarshan a wonderful director: Hollywood action expert (With Images) - Apr 18, 2012
- Bhandarkar amused over 'Fashion' copyright case (Movie Snippets) - Apr 13, 2012
Tags: action sequences, actresses, best friends, bike scene, bollywood films, clash, conviction, forthcoming film, genre, kangna ranaut, mumbai, myth, parallel life, parents, safety measures, sameera reddy