Actress Roselyn Sanchez brings joy to kids with cancerAugust 31st, 2012 - 1:26 pm ICT by IANS
San Juan, Aug 31 (IANS/EFE) Puerto Rican actress Roselyn Sanchez Thursday visited a group of children suffering from cancer at the San Jorge Hospital in San Juan and symbolically gave them a medal for participating in an upcoming triathlon to raise money to fight the disease.
Sanchez is the sponsor of the San Jorge Foundation, which organizes the annual Triathlon for Life.
“Here we’re winners because I’m seeing them once more, meeting new patients and listening to their stories. It’s difficult to speak with the parents of the kids, but you have to move forward,” Sanchez told EFE.
Among the children was one 3-year-old girl who, despite her illness, kept smiling the entire time the actress was chatting with her.
Sanchez said that she had to move away from the little girl because she needed to cry for a while when she thought of her eight-month-old daughter - Sebella Rose, whom she had with her husband, actor Eric Winter - in that situation.
“I can’t explain the feeling to you. It was from the fiber of a mother’s being. All these mothers had a healthy child, but suddenly they find something. In that girl, I saw my daughter and I asked God to take care of her for me,” she said.
The third edition of the Roselyn Sanchez Triathlon for Life will be held Sep 9 in the eastern Puerto Rican city of Rio Grande.
- Roselyn Sanchez gives birth to daughter - Jan 06, 2012
- Actress Roselyn Sanchez is pregnant - Aug 13, 2011
- Puerto Rican held for killing two in US - Aug 17, 2012
- Ex-Miss Universe resumes acting career after having baby - Aug 04, 2012
- Three die in Puerto Rico nursing home fire - Sep 05, 2012
- Cheo Feliciano to join Dominican singer for his new album - Jul 07, 2011
- Puerto Rican boxer shot dead - Jun 09, 2011
- Masked robbers strike at Puerto Rico casino - Sep 17, 2011
- Feliciano's new CD dedicated to Elvis Presley - Jan 12, 2012
- Nazario to release new album - Feb 22, 2012
- Roberto Duran bio-pic to begin filming in June - Apr 03, 2012
- Puerto Rico busts septuagenarian for selling drugs - Mar 07, 2012
- Toddler left on slain father's body - Mar 20, 2012
- Ricky Martin fans to celebrate his 40th birthday - Dec 24, 2011
- Former Miss Puerto Rico is terminally ill - Sep 20, 2012