Actress Natasha Richardson dies at 45March 19th, 2009 - 10:33 am ICT by Amrit Rashmisrisethi
After the reports of a minor skiing accident in Montreal, the actress Natasha Richardson was in a critical condition with a head injury and 24 hours of conflicting reports about her condition. The 45 year old, British actress has passed away after being taken off life support early on Wednesday.
Richardson was born in London in 1963, when her mother was still a promising young actress. Natasha’s father, film director Tony Richardson, was the more famous parent; that year he directed the 18th-century caper comedy Tom Jones, winning Oscars for the picture and himself. Natasha made her film debut at the age of four in Dad’s revisionist take on The Charge of the Light Brigade. By then, Vanessa Redgrave had become the brightest new light of stage (The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie) and screen (Morgan, Blowup, Camelot).
A representative for Liam Neeson wrote about her accident and condition on Monday. Since that time, there has been a lot of speculation as to her condition. There were reports that she had died and other reports that she was in a drug induced coma due to brain swelling. Meanwhile, her family and friends have been seen coming and going from the Lenox Hill Hospital in New York. While reports were grim, there was no official word one way or the other about her condition.
The family was said to be saying goodbye and struggling with the decision to disconnect her life support. Its now reported that she has died.
In 1994, Richardson married to Liam Neeson He was filming a movie in Toronto when she was injured. He flew to be with her immediately and the entire family gathered to be with her at the hospital in New York. Liam Neeson and Natasha Richardson have two sons, 13-year-old Michael and 12-year-old Daniel Jack.
In the statement, Neeson writes that he and the boys are devastated and request privacy.
- Late Natasha Richardson leaves a shattered family behind her - Mar 20, 2009
- Family donates Richardson's organs - Mar 26, 2009
- Natasha Richardson was serenaded by mom Redgrave moments before dying - Mar 21, 2009
- Liam Neeson Seeking Solace With Freya St. Johnston? - Sep 11, 2010
- A rose named Natasha Richardson! - Nov 01, 2009
- Natasha Richardson passes away after skiing accident - Mar 19, 2009
- Liam Neeson finds love again - Sep 06, 2010
- Liam Neeson dating Freya St. Johnston? - Sep 10, 2010
- Scintillating Performances! Entertaining Movies! Natasha Richardson did it all! - Mar 19, 2009
- Uma Thurman arrived at Natasha Richardson's wake - Mar 21, 2009
- Liam Neeson on wife Natasha's death: 'It hits me in the middle of the night' - Feb 17, 2011
- Sensational actress Natasha Richardson dies after a ski injury - Mar 19, 2009
- Actress Natasha Richardson buried in New York - Mar 23, 2009
- Natasha Richardson brain dead after ski accident: Reports - Mar 18, 2009
- Actress Natasha Richardson dies after skiing accident - Mar 19, 2009
Tags: blowup, british actress, charge of the light brigade, comedy tom, conflicting reports, critical condition, director tony, drug induced coma, film debut, head injury, lenox hill hospital, liam neeson, miss jean brodie, natasha richardson, prime of miss jean brodie, promising young actress, saying goodbye, tony richardson, vanessa redgrave, word one