Actress Lisa Ray Diagnosed With CancerSeptember 9th, 2009 - 7:18 pm ICT by GD
According to the sources, the Indian actress Lisa Ray has been reportedly suffering from Multiple Myeloma, which is a rare and an incurable cancer of white blood cells.
The tragic report was revealed in the blog of the actress herself, who stated in her blog posts that she has been suffering from the aforementioned incurable disease for some time.
37 year old Lisa, who had started her career as a model till she made her debut in the 2001 Bollywood movie “Kasoor” has left all her fans, colleagues and friends in a state of shock through her startling revelation.
Here are some excerpts of her September 8 post: “I was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma on June 23rd and started my treatment on July 2nd..not long ago. For me it was a relief to hear what was wrong. The plasma cells in my bone marrow were rampaging, multiplying, squeezing out the red blood cells at it was the time to begin doing something about it. When I got the news, I didn’t react and I didn’t cry. I am an actress believe me, I can be dramatic.”
Detractors might say that it is just another publicity stint (which actually cannot be ruled out completely), but according to the posts it is quite obvious that the actress is going through turbulent times regarding her disease, which if true, is an incurable one.
Lisa, who has been associated with various causes has reportedly stated that she would like to stress focus on Myeloma and cancer awareness. “I am going to do everything I can to create awareness on cancer,” Lisa winds up.
- I'm suffering from incurable cancer: Lisa Ray - Sep 09, 2009
- Lisa Ray gets a new lease on life - Apr 22, 2010
- Lisa Ray In Fight Against Cancer - Sep 04, 2010
- Lisa Ray says she didn't react after learning about her cancer - Sep 14, 2009
- Lisa Ray engaged (With Images) - Feb 01, 2012
- Braveheart: Lisa Ray fighting cancer! - Sep 14, 2009
- Post-cancer, I'm back to extraordinary life: Lisa Ray (Interview) - Jul 31, 2010
- Never stop fighting - cancer stricken Lisa Ray's motto - Mar 14, 2010
- Bollywood making international mark: Lisa Ray (Interview) - Jul 01, 2011
- Iraqi cancer patient finds hope in India - May 23, 2012
- Lisa Ray to undergo stem cell transplant for cancer (With Images) - Nov 18, 2009
- Lisa Ray To Re-Start Her Acting Career Post Cancer Treatment - Sep 10, 2010
- Lisa is epitome of grace under pressure: Deepa Mehta - Sep 15, 2009
- New discovery paves way for treatment of incurable blood cancer - Jul 17, 2010
- New drug combo may treat newly diagnosed cancer patients - Dec 10, 2010
Tags: actress lisa ray, bollywood, bone marrow, cancer awareness, detractors, dey, incurable cancer, incurable disease, indian actress, kasoor, madhuri, multiple myeloma, plasma cells, red blood cells, startling revelation, state of shock, stint, tragic report, turbulent times, white blood cells