Actress Kavya’s marriage annulledMay 30th, 2011 - 8:58 pm ICT by IANS
Kochi, May 30 (IANS) Popular Malayalam film actress Kavya Madhavan’s marriage with Nischal Chandra was officially annulled Monday by the Ernakulam family court.
They had officially decided to separate in October last year and filed a joint divorce petition at the court.
The settlement came after several round of talks. It was agreed that the actress will withdraw her petition against Chandra and his family under the Domestic Violence Act.
According to George Sebastian, a Kerala Congress leader who mediated in the talks, both parties appeared in the court May 24 to finalise the proceedings.
Kavya, a leading actress, and Chandra, a computer engineer, were married in February 2009.
Born in Nileshwaram in Kasaragod district, the actress entered the industry as a child artist in 1991. She then acted with leading stars like Mammootty, Mohanlal, Jayaram and Dilip.
Her popular films include “Meesha Madhavan”, “Madhamabhi”, “Classmates” and “Ananthabhadram”.
- Kavya Madhavan files for divorce - Jul 24, 2010
- Actress Kavya Madhavan and husband file for divorce - Oct 22, 2010
- Kavya Madhavan set to act again after failed marriage - Oct 28, 2009
- Malayalam actress Kavya Madhvan to tie the knot - Nov 06, 2008
- Mamta Mohandas weds family friend - Dec 28, 2011
- Mammootty, Mohanlal bag Asianet film awards - Jan 03, 2010
- Mohanlal and Mammootty win the best awards - Jan 05, 2010
- Malayalam filmdom failed to script succes (2011 In Retrospect) - Dec 21, 2011
- 'Adaminte Makan Abu' wins top honours at Kerala state awards - May 22, 2011
- China Town to begin filming soon - Feb 18, 2010
- Mammootty, Mohanlal bag Asianet film awards yet again - Jan 01, 2011
- Kavya may star opposite Mammootty - Nov 19, 2009
- Mammootty back to films, plans son's marriage - Aug 05, 2011
- Mohanlal should be stripped of honorary Lt. Colonel rank: Azhikode - Jul 22, 2011
- Time For A Change Says Sibi Malayil - Jul 28, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,