Actress Hailee Steinfeld Gets Praises For “True Grit”December 14th, 2010 - 9:44 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Dec 14, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Highly anticipated movie “True Grit” might release on December 22, 2010, the media outlets reported. The filming of the movie is already completed and it is written and directed by the Coen brothers. The movie has already received media attention before its release owing to its intrinsic plot and powerhouse star cast. Notable actors like John Wayne, Jeff Bridges as U.S. Marshal Reuben J. “Rooster” Cogburn along with Matt Damon and Josh Brolin have performed in the movie. However, Hailee Steinfeld, who plays the role of Mattie in the film has hogged maximum limelight and she has already received many prestigious nominations for her wonderful performance.
The stars of the movie walked the red carpet last Thursday at the special screening of “True Grit”. While speaking about her experiences in “True Grit”, Hailee Steinfeld said that she tried to sway her co-actors from using foul-words during the production of the movie. She said that she set up a swear jar and asked all her co-actors and crew members to put in $5 if they utter any foul language on the set. The actress said that they raised $300 (189) for the charity in the end. Hailee Steinfeld said that the charity jar also helped her to improve her own vocabulary.
On the other hand, critics have mixed reviews about “True Grit”. However, Hailee Steinfeld is praised for her efforts in the movie and her work has been called as “remarkable” by most of the critics. A renowned critic said that Hailee Steinfeld’s role as Mattie is praiseworthy and she delivered an “exceedingly accomplished performance”. Hailee Steinfeld has previously done some commercials and also television shows.
- Matt Damon – Jeff Bridges: Sustain Their True Grit Despite Golden Globe Snub - Dec 15, 2010
- 'True Grit' Remake Proves To Keep Pace With Original Classic - Dec 23, 2010
- Coen Brothers Speak About Their Movie "True Grit" - Dec 23, 2010
- 'True Grit' a tomb of missed opportunities (IANS Film Review) - Feb 26, 2011
- Hailee Steinfeld: A Hollywood Shooting And Rising Star - Dec 24, 2010
- Matt Damon Says His 'True Grit' Character Has Nothing To Do With Shia LaBeouf - Dec 21, 2010
- Remake Of John Wayne's "True Grit" Hits The Bulls Eye At Box Office - Jan 10, 2011
- Oscar Nominations 2011 Lead by 'King's Speech' With 12 Nominations - Jan 26, 2011
- Melissa Leo grabs Best Supporting Actress Oscar - Feb 28, 2011
- Rosario Dawson and Angie Harmon announced the 2011 SAG nominations - Dec 17, 2010
- 2011 Critics’ Choice Awards Winners: Natalie Portman And Colin Firth - Jan 15, 2011
- John Wayne's 'True Grit' eyepatch to go under the hammer - Apr 07, 2011
- Melissa Leo wins Oscar for best supporting actress - Feb 28, 2011
- "The King's Speech" leads Oscar nominations - Jan 25, 2011
- 'The King's Speech' dominates Oscar nominations - Jan 26, 2011
Tags: coen brothers, crew members, foul language, foul words, gina gomez, hailee, jeff bridges, john wayne, josh brolin, last thursday, limelight, matt damon, mattie, media attention, media outlets, red carpet, renowned critic, reuben, steinfeld, true grit