Actress Gwyneth Paltrow Turned To Robert Downey Jr. To Receive Addiction TipsJanuary 3rd, 2011 - 9:19 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Jan 3, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Renowned actress cum singer Gwyneth Paltrow must be on cloud nine these days as the her film “Country Strong” has received rave reviews from the audience as well as the critics. In one of her recent interviews, the “Shakespeare in Love” actress said that she turned to his friend Robert Downey Jr. for help so that she can get into the skin of her character better in the movie. She said initially she faced certain problems to identify her character in the movie but gradually with the help of his friend Robert Downey Jr. she could help all her inhibitions and perform better in the movie.
Gwyneth Paltrow, in one of her recent interviews said that she did not understand the fact that how can a character be so much drunk that she would damage other people’s lives and at the same time, she would just be normal when she wakes up the next morning. The actress said that she had to understand the psychology of a person who has a real life experience of addiction and hence she turned to her “Iron Man” co-star Robert Downey, Jr. While speaking about him, Gwyneth Paltrow said that the actor was “articulate” about addiction as well as the psychology behind and the actor helped her a lot to understand her character better.
The Golden Globe award-winning actress said that she is a dark person by nature and she has been through a lot in her life. However, she said that other people have also been through a lot in their lives and it is always an experience to learn from others. Gwyneth Paltrow told that Robert Downey, Jr. wrote her an email, where he answered all her questions.
- Paltrow took help from Downey Jr. to play addict - Mar 27, 2011
- Gwyneth Paltrow got 'addict' advice from Robert Downey Jr. - Jan 03, 2011
- Tobacco battle helped Gwyneth Paltrow play alcoholic in new movie - Dec 21, 2010
- Gwyneth Paltrow Had A Secret Weapon For The Addiction In 'Country Strong' - Jan 03, 2011
- Gwyneth Paltrow to play a sex addict in movie - Sep 08, 2011
- Ben Kingsley in 'Iron Man 3'? - Apr 10, 2012
- Downey Jr. injured on 'Iron Man 3' set - Aug 17, 2012
- Robert Downey Jr injured during shooting of film - Aug 16, 2012
- Paltrow took marriage advice from Downey Jr. - May 16, 2010
- Paltrow felt awkward during Iron Man 2 kiss scene: Robert Downey Jr - Apr 26, 2010
- I toned down passion in smooch deliberately: Robert Downey Jr - Apr 27, 2010
- Never thought Arthur Miller would follow 'Iron Man 2': Johansson (Interview) - May 09, 2010
- Gwyneth Paltrow wants more action scenes - May 07, 2010
- Paltrow gets greenfield to edit newsletter - May 20, 2012
- Tom Cruise is an amazing kisser, says Gwyneth Paltrow - Jan 07, 2011
Tags: actress gwyneth paltrow, audience, cloud nine, co star, dark person, email, friend robert, gina gomez, golden globe award, gwyneth paltrow, inhibitions, iron man, life experience, next morning, psychology, renowned actress, robert downey, robert downey jr, shakespeare, shakespeare in love