Actress banned from Iran over nude photoJanuary 19th, 2012 - 3:32 pm ICT by IANS
London, Jan 19 (IANS) Iranian actress Golshifteh Farahani has been banned from returning to her homeland after appearing naked in a photoshoot.
Government officials have reportedly told Farahani she is no longer welcome in Iran after posing naked in French news magazine Madame Le Figarom, reports contactmusic.com.
“I was told by a Ministry of Culture and Islamic Guide official that … you may offer your artistic services somewhere else,” contactmusic.com quoted the 28-year-old as saying.
Based in Paris, the actress left Iran last year. She did a cameo in “A Separation” - a film that has been nominated in Best Foreign Film category in Oscar awards. The movie won the Golden Globe award for the best foreign language film.
–Indo-Asian News Service
- Perry splits from Mayer? - Aug 24, 2012
- Peter Andre has kung-fu ambition - Jan 24, 2012
- Mischa Barton likes to move around - Jul 07, 2012
- Brandy, Tatyana bare all for a cause - May 17, 2011
- Eva Mendes may star in 'Total Recall' - Mar 24, 2011
- Being housewife best thing in world: Cruz - Jul 01, 2012
- Halle Berry loves being nude - Aug 15, 2010
- US congratulates Iranian director on Oscar win - Feb 28, 2012
- Scarlett Johansson to play Janet Leigh - Mar 03, 2012
- Helena Bonham Carter to star in 'Les Miserables' - Sep 12, 2011
- Amanda Seyfried hopes her performance is 'respected' - Apr 10, 2011
- Minogue eyeing 'The X Factor' return - Mar 14, 2012
- Bieber plans to own soccer team - Jul 13, 2012
- Carrie Underwood visits children's hospital - Aug 04, 2012
- 'The Artist' bags maximum Golden Globe gongs (Roundup) - Jan 16, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,