Actress banned from Iran over nude photoJanuary 19th, 2012 - 3:32 pm ICT by IANS
London, Jan 19 (IANS) Iranian actress Golshifteh Farahani has been banned from returning to her homeland after appearing naked in a photoshoot.
Government officials have reportedly told Farahani she is no longer welcome in Iran after posing naked in French news magazine Madame Le Figarom, reports contactmusic.com.
“I was told by a Ministry of Culture and Islamic Guide official that … you may offer your artistic services somewhere else,” contactmusic.com quoted the 28-year-old as saying.
Based in Paris, the actress left Iran last year. She did a cameo in “A Separation” - a film that has been nominated in Best Foreign Film category in Oscar awards. The movie won the Golden Globe award for the best foreign language film.
–Indo-Asian News Service
- Perry splits from Mayer? - Aug 24, 2012
- Peter Andre has kung-fu ambition - Jan 24, 2012
- Mischa Barton likes to move around - Jul 07, 2012
- Brandy, Tatyana bare all for a cause - May 17, 2011
- Eva Mendes may star in 'Total Recall' - Mar 24, 2011
- Being housewife best thing in world: Cruz - Jul 01, 2012
- Halle Berry loves being nude - Aug 15, 2010
- US congratulates Iranian director on Oscar win - Feb 28, 2012
- Scarlett Johansson to play Janet Leigh - Mar 03, 2012
- Helena Bonham Carter to star in 'Les Miserables' - Sep 12, 2011
- Amanda Seyfried hopes her performance is 'respected' - Apr 10, 2011
- Minogue eyeing 'The X Factor' return - Mar 14, 2012
- Bieber plans to own soccer team - Jul 13, 2012
- Carrie Underwood visits children's hospital - Aug 04, 2012
- 'The Artist' bags maximum Golden Globe gongs (Roundup) - Jan 16, 2012
Tags: actress, artistic services, asian news, best foreign film, best foreign language film, cameo, film category, foreign language, french news, golden globe award, golshifteh farahani, government officials, indo, islamic guide, jan 19, london jan, ministry of culture, news magazine, oscar awards, rb