Actors can’t earn millions right now, says PittSeptember 12th, 2012 - 4:59 pm ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, Sep 12 (IANS) Actor Brad Pitt says Hollywood doesn’t have the cash to splash on its big stars at the moment due to the global financial crisis.
When asked if major stars could expect to earn $10 million per movie, he said: “That thing died. That arithmetic doesn’t really work right now… that deal’s not flying these days.”
Pitt, 48, was quoted by showbizspy.com as saying: “It’s a really interesting time. A lot of the studios have been challenged because of the economic downturn as well so they’ve been betting on bigger, more tent pole kinds of things. At the same time that opens up a vacuum for really interesting new filmmakers to come in.”
According to Forbes’ top 10 highest earning actors list published in July, Pitt banked $25 million in the last financial year.
Tom Cruise topped the list with earnings of $75 million.
- Pattison says no to topless acts - Mar 14, 2012
- I'd like to marry now: Brad Pitt - Jan 27, 2012
- Brad wants to get married (Lead) - Jan 27, 2012
- Efron wants to be daredevil - Apr 19, 2012
- A good listener is a good partner: Miley - Apr 26, 2012
- Johnny Depp named Highest Paid Actor in Hollywood - Sep 10, 2010
- No fad diets for Sofia Vergara - Dec 28, 2011
- Bundchen, Brady world's wealthiest celeb couple - Aug 22, 2011
- Dicaprio Hollywood's highest paid actor: Forbes - Aug 02, 2011
- I don't give lecture to my kids: Jolie - Jan 11, 2012
- Tom Cruise highest earning actor - Jul 04, 2012
- Johnny Depp is highest paid actor in 2010 - Sep 10, 2010
- Lenny stays away from television - Mar 21, 2012
- Pattinson moves out of Stewart's house? - Jul 27, 2012
- Brad Pitt's balancing problem - Jan 31, 2012