Actors are selfish as compared to directors: NawazuddinJune 10th, 2012 - 4:17 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 10 (IANS) Nawazuddin Siddiqui says while working on a film, artists are usually concerned only about their roles but a director is comparatively unselfish as he has to bind everyone together and take care of the overall project.
“Actors are very selfish. While shooting for a film, they care about only their part. But it is the director who manages everything. Since he heads the team, he has to be smart enough to handle things,” Nawazuddin told IANS.
He also feels that a director is like a captain of a ship and if he is intelligent he can propell a film in the right direction.
“Film is a director’s medium and director is the main and the most important point. It is the director who can make or break the entire story.
“If a story is good, and the director is not, then he will ruin everything. But if he is good, he can do wonders to an even okay kind of a script,” said the 38-year-old, an alumni of National School of Drama (NSD).
The actor has become a name to reckon with after his powerful performances in small roles in “Kahaani”, “Paan Singh Tomar” and then he made it big with “Gangs of Wasseypur”, a two-part crime thriller that wowed the audiences at the recently concluded 65th Cannes International Film Festival.
He thinks a big star cast is no more important to make a movie successful.
“Nowadays, every actor has an influential role in a movie, be it small or big. And films these days don’t essentially need a big star cast to cash in profits.”
“…I think the audiences have got bored of the repeated performances of the stars that is why new actors’ performances are appreciated,” he added.
Nawazuddin won the best actor award at the 12th annual New York Indian Film Festival (NYIFF) for his performance in Mangesh Hadawale’s “Dekh Indian Circus”.
His “Gangs of Wasseypur” is expected to release here June 22 and the actor will also be seen in movies like “Chittagong”, “Talaash”, “Patang” and “Lunch Box”.
- Nawazuddin gets late recognition, says it's never too late - Jun 03, 2012
- Tannishtha, Nawazuddin win big award at NY film fest - May 31, 2012
- Nawazuddin feels training must for actors - May 27, 2012
- Hadawale wanted to make 'Dekh Indian Circus' with Rani - May 31, 2012
- 'Joker' release date not shifted: Kunder (Movie Snippets) - May 15, 2012
- Tigmanshu Dhulia makes acting debut with 'Gangs of Wasseypur' - May 03, 2012
- Imtiaz Ali lends support to 'Dekh Indian Circus' (With Images) - May 11, 2012
- 'Aatma' not horror film: Nawazuddin Siddiqui - Aug 02, 2012
- 'Gangs of Wasseypur 2' has its own place: Richa Chadda - Aug 04, 2012
- My film is not for kids, says Anurag Kashyap - Jun 06, 2012
- 'Gangs...' male dominant, but with strong women: Huma Qureshi - May 19, 2012
- '...Wasseypur' my first film for masses: Kashyap (Movie Snippets) - May 20, 2012
- '...Wasseypur' premiere gets full house at Cannes (With Images) - May 23, 2012
- 'Gangs of Wasseypur' impresses Shridhar Raghavan - Jun 17, 2012
- Anurag Kashyap buys his first car - Jun 16, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,