Actor Stacy Keach hospitalizedMarch 18th, 2009 - 4:11 pm ICT by Amrit Rashmisrisethi
On Tuesday, Stacy Keach’s representative said the actor, in Los Angeles with a touring production of the play ‘Frost/Nixon,’ was hospitalized but disclosed health problem.
Keach, 67, plays late former US President Richard Nixon in the stage production of ‘Frost/Nixon’.
‘Actor Stacy Keach was hospitalized this morning (March 17) and is in a Los Angeles hospital in stable condition,’ his spokesman Dick Guttman said in a statement.
He said further details would be released on Wednesday.
Keach is perhaps best known for his portrayal of detective Mike Hammer on the 1980s television show of the same name. From 2005 to 2007, he starred in the TV drama ‘Prison Break.’ His film roles include a boxer in 1972’s ‘Fat City,’ a white supremacist in 1998’s ‘American History X’ and a preacher in the 2008 ‘W”, about former President George W. Bush.
In a December interview with Reuters, he talked about his need to keep working and stay busy, as well as his love of the game of golf which he tries to play once a week.
He was arrested in 1984 and jailed for six months after being caught carrying cocaine at London’s Heathrow Airport. Director Ron Howard adapted ‘Frost/Nixon’ into a 2008 movie of the same name, which was nominated for a best picture Oscar and had Frank Langella in the role of Nixon
- Veteran star Stacy Keach had a mild stroke - Mar 19, 2009
- Frank Langella is back for 'Wall Street 2' - Aug 10, 2009
- 90210's Matt Lanter gets engaged to Angela Stacy - Jun 06, 2012
- James Franco, Anne Hathaway to host 2011 Oscars - Nov 30, 2010
- Sasha Baron Cohen to star as Freddie Mercury - Sep 19, 2010
- Clooney's mom wants him to marry wrestler - Aug 01, 2012
- From real to reel, Michael Sheen lives his 'Tron: Legacy' cyber fantasy - Dec 14, 2010
- Stacy Keibler kills her pregnancy rumors by showing off her toned stomach - Jun 21, 2012
- Best actor Oscar nominees - Feb 20, 2009
- 'Inception', 'Social Network' bag Writers Guild awards - Feb 07, 2011
- Sheen and Langella on opposing teams off screen Frost/Nixon - Jan 10, 2009
- Russell Brand to star in 'What About Dick?' - Feb 22, 2012
- Brad Pitt, Shia LaBeouf to star in 'Riptide'? - Jul 06, 2010
- Rachel Griffiths to make Broadway debut - Jul 23, 2011
- Los Angeles set for big Oscar night - Feb 23, 2009
Tags: airport director, american history x, detective mike, dick guttman, director ron howard, fat city, film roles, frank langella, george w bush, heathrow airport, mike hammer, president george w bush, president richard nixon, richard nixon, ron howard, stable condition, stacy keach, stage production, touring production, white supremacist