Actor in the Broadway production of ‘Spiderman’ injuredDecember 5th, 2010 - 8:33 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, Dec 5 (THAINDIAN NEWS) It certainly seems that the Broadway production of “Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark” is jinxed. And that is because three actors have been injured so far, who all were working on the production. The latest casualty is actor Natalie Mendoza who portrays the character of Arachne in the show.
The lead producer of the ‘Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark’ Michael Cohl confirmed the accident and revealed that Natalie was injured when she was hit on her head by a rope. The injury was so bad that she is being treated for a concussion. The unfortunate incident happened when the show was being previewed for the first time. It is certainly a matter of concern because in just 6 weeks of production, 3 actors have been injured so far. Prior to this event, an aerialist fractured both his wrists when a flying stunt went awry. Besides that, another actor also broke his foot.
“Natalie Mendoza suffered an injury earlier this week, and on doctors’ orders will be out of the show for a brief period. We look forward to welcoming her back to the production very soon,” according to Cohl. She is being replaced by model America Olivo in the show, till she recuperates.
- Aussie actress is 3rd cast member to get hurt on 'Spider-Man' show - Dec 06, 2010
- The Third Artist In "Spider Man" Injured - Dec 05, 2010
- It was a tough decision to leave 'Spider-Man' $65 million musical: Mendoza - Jan 01, 2011
- Natalie Mendoza leaves Broadway's Spider-Man musical after accident - Dec 29, 2010
- 'Spider-Man' Broadway rescheduled yet again - Jan 14, 2011
- Lead actress leaves troubled 'Spider-Man' musical - Dec 29, 2010
- 'Spider-Man' actress T.V. Carpio sidelined after injury - Mar 23, 2011
- Union sues Spider-Man on behalf of Julie Taymor - Jun 10, 2011
- 'Spider-Man' musical director Taymor to be replaced by McKinley - Mar 11, 2011
- Spider-Man Musical: Is It Going To Be A Flop Show? - Dec 07, 2010
- Troubled Spiderman musical premiere delayed by one month - Jan 14, 2011
- Broadway Musical 'Spiderman: Turn to the Dark' actor falls, breaks his wrists - Oct 31, 2010
- Spider-Man wasn't in any danger: Show's spokesperson - Feb 12, 2011
- 'Spider-Man' On Broadway Fails To Live Up To Audience Expectations - Nov 30, 2010
- Spider-Man stunt actor walking again after 30ft fall - Dec 27, 2010