Actor Gary Busey’s Alleged DUI Sting Proved FalseJanuary 15th, 2011 - 7:23 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Jan 15, (THAINDIAN NEWS) On Thursday, a couple, Mark Abel, 52, and Patrice Karst, 51 were arrested by the Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department after they alleged that actor Gary Busey was driving his Mercedes “erratically”, under the influence of alcohol which later turned out to be a false allegation. Whereas the actor emerged as clean, the couple were arrested.
The couple called the police officers at Malibu, a star studded community of Los Angeles, and told them that they have seen Gary Busey indulging in rash driving after getting drunk. When the police located the car of the actor at Pacific Coast Highway and stopped him from driving further, the couple followed the police till the location. As the police interacted with the actor, Mark Abel and Patrice Karst took their cameras out, and started taking photographs of the situation. The sources from the police department said that the couple wanted to capture some of the snaps of the actor landing in trouble due to DUI. However, after testing, the police discovered that Gary Busey was completely “sober”, and was not in an intoxicated state.
Thereafter, the police asked the couple to stop taking the snaps as apparently there was no case. However, they refused to abide by the police and produced a fake identity that projected them as members from the press. Later on, the couple were arrested with charges of “obstructing a police officer” while he was on his duty. However, they were soon released on bail in lieu of $10,000. Patrice Karst was also charged with possession of marijuana.
- DUI charges against Aguilera's beau dropped - Apr 18, 2011
- Gary Busey's 1-year-old son hospitalized - Apr 20, 2011
- Matthew Fox may enter Alcohol Treatment Program - Jun 06, 2012
- Singer Faith Evans arrested for DUI - Aug 22, 2010
- Mel Gibson crashes vehicle in Malibu - Aug 17, 2010
- Mel Gibson Crashes 2008 Maserati, Escapes Unharmed - Aug 17, 2010
- Aguilera arrested for public intoxication - Mar 02, 2011
- I was a victim of celebrity status, says Aguilera - Jun 17, 2011
- Buddy Holly to get star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame - Sep 07, 2011
- R&B Singer Faith Evans Arrested In Los Angeles For DUI - Aug 23, 2010
- DUI suspect drinks in front of cop - Mar 07, 2011
- American Pie star Chris Klein arrested on DUI - Jun 17, 2010
- Jaime Pressly of 'My Name is Earl' Allegedly Owes $637G Taxes - Jan 25, 2011
- Heroes star Adrian Pasdar charged with DUI - Feb 22, 2010
- Faith Evans Busted on DUI case - Aug 23, 2010
Tags: abel, alcohol, fake identity, false allegation, gary busey, getting drunk, intoxicated state, kar, malibu, mercedes, pacific coast, pacific coast highway, patrice karst, photographs, police department, police officer, police officers, possession of marijuana, rash, sting