Actor Elijah Wood To Do A Cameo In “The Hobbit”January 9th, 2011 - 9:10 pm ICT by GD
By Madhuri Dey
Jan 9, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Fans of Elijah Wood will once again get to see him in the role of Frodo Baggins in the upcoming movie named “The Hobbit”. The Hollywood actor who rose to fame with the infamous role of the pint-sized hobbit in the “Lord of the Rings” movie series will once again reprise his character of Frodo. The movie is expected to be made in two parts. The first one will be released in December 2012 while the second part is slated for a release in December 2013.
The news broke out after a publicist of the 29-year-old actor told the media that the star has been offered to don the role of Hobbit Frodo in the upcoming movie. However, it has come up that Elijah Wood’s role will not be a lengthy one but rather a short one. A little birdie revealed that the actor has been roped in for a cameo in “The Hobbit”. The film will be directed by none other than Peter Jackson who had directed all the “Lord of the Rings” movies. Ever since the news of another Middle Earth oriented movie broke out, fans of the series are once again waiting eagerly to watch the movie.
However, the news might add a little disappointment to all the fans of Elijah Wood as it has come to light that the actor would only be doing a cameo in the first part. Until now, there are no plans of projecting him in “The Hobbit” sequel, sources reveal. Along with Elijah Wood, all the other actors Orlando Bloom, Cate Blanchett, Ian McKellen, Andy Serkis who had been a part of the “Lord of the Rings” series will once again resume the roles of their Tolkien-crafted personalities in the upcoming venture.
- Ian McKellen to reprise his role as wizard Gandalf in new Hobbit films - Jan 11, 2011
- Elijah Wood to star in 'The Hobbit' - Jan 10, 2011
- It's official: Elijah Wood is starring in 'The Hobbit' - Jan 10, 2011
- Is David Tennant going to star in The Hobbit? - Jan 12, 2011
- Jackson offers chance to visit 'Hobbit' sets - Dec 26, 2011
- Orlando Bloom to star in 'The Hobbit' - Dec 10, 2010
- Sir Ian McKellen is all set to act in 'The Hobbit' - Jan 11, 2011
- David Tennant To Star In "The Hobbit" As "Thranduil the Elvenking"? - Jan 12, 2011
- Orlando Bloom to earn more than a million dollars for 'Hobbit' cameo - Jan 11, 2011
- Actors unions tell members to avoid new Hobbit movies - Sep 27, 2010
- The International Federation of Actors Calls For An International Boycott Of "The Hobbit" - Sep 27, 2010
- Elijah Wood: Probable Name In The Blockbuster ‘The Hobbit’ - Jan 08, 2011
- Sir Ian McKellen may bid adieu to his role in 'The Hobbit' - Jul 08, 2010
- McKellen considered quitting 'The Hobbit' - Jan 14, 2011
- Despite Delays, Sir Ian McKellen To Return as Gandalf in Hobbit Films - Sep 14, 2010
Tags: andy serkis, baggins, cameo, cate blanchett, dey, disappointment, elijah wood, hobbit, hollywood actor, ian mckellen, little birdie, lord of the rings, lord of the rings movies, lord of the rings series, madhuri, middle earth, orlando bloom, peter jackson, pint, publicist